1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Moody 44 (90s) 1996 Boat For Sale By First Owner! Very Good Condition, Lightly Used. £85,000 Martin@oldsbrim.co.uk

Discussion in 'Boats For Sale / Wanted' started by Martin Poole, 15/7/16.

1. Martin Poole

Martin Poole Martin Poole

Boat name:
    WHITE KNIGHT
    Berth:
    Kingswear Pontoons, River Dart
    Boat type:
    Moody 44
    Cruising area:
    South & South West Coast
    Boat has been upgraded over the years and has generator, Raymarine E80 plotters at chart table and in cockpit, bowthruster, Eberspacher heating, Autoprop etc. It has been owned and used by a couple and has only clocked up around 1100 engine hours. It will be marketed shortly but if any member of the MOA (or friend of member) is interested before it goes on the market please contact me for details.

2. John Hart 29

John Hart 29 John Hart Temporary Member

Hi, appreciate if you can email me the details please. Seriously looking between 38cc to 44. My concern with 44 is how easy can I manage in marina and how easy for 1 person manage at sea. Email is johnhart29@gmail.com

3. Martin Poole

Boat name:
    WHITE KNIGHT
    Berth:
    Boat type:
    Moody 44
    Cruising area:
    South & South West Coast
    John. I will email pictures (or a link). I do sail the boat by myself sometimes and it is fine when at sea as the mainsheet is within easy reach just behind the helm and with the autopilot tacking is easy as it will take the boat through about 90 degrees while you release and tighten sheets. The chartplotter is just in front of the helm so again you don't need to go down to see that. The boat has a powerful bow thruster if you get in trouble when close quarters manoeuvring and I guess you could fender well up on the side next to an adjacent boat in a marina. My regular berth is alongside a pontoon which is a bit easier than a marina as I can always come in against the tide. When I upsized and bought the 44 I found that the important difference from a smaller boat was I needed to get the ropes round cleats quickly as otherwise I do not have the strength to hold the boat in any breeze. You need to be pretty confident of your boat handling skills to bring a 44 into a marina single handed as there is nobody to use a roving fender or otherwise assist if you don't get it right.

4. John Hart 29

John Hart 29 John Hart Temporary Member

Hi Martin, received your email and a lovely boat. Thank you for the comments.

5. Dave Flewitt

Dave Flewitt Dave Flewitt

Boat name:
    SEA BREEZE OF GRIMSBY
    Berth:
    Grimsby
    Boat type:
    Moody 44
    Cruising area:
    East Coast
    John, I have just seen your comment to Martin. With the bow thruster the 44 is easy to manage in a marina. At sea I can manage mine on my own. I have to reverse all the way round the marina to my berth, as I cannot kick the stern out if in forward & it is so easy once it is moving in astern. I refer to it as a big pussy cat when in astern.

David.

6. Craig Hallett

Craig Hallett Craig Hallett Temporary Member

Hi Martin,

Your boat sounds very nteresting. If still on the market would you mind sending me through some details?
    my email is craighallett7@bigpond.com.

Craig

7. Martin Poole

Boat name:
    WHITE KNIGHT
    Berth:
    Boat type:
    Moody 44
    Cruising area:
    South & South West Coast
    Boat has been SOLD. Many thanks to all who contacted me - Moody 44s are clearly (and rightly) popular boats!