Boat name
FIOR
Berth
Croatia
Boat type
Moody 38 CC
Cruising area
Mediterranean
White cover ~10 years old. Light Adriatic/Med use only - slight orange tinge on material is from Sahara dust. Photos attached show all - underslung from boom and laced to galvanised toe rail. Fabric in good condition with many years life left. Cover is in two sections zipped together at mast. A couple of minor repairs needed: fwd section wear around the baby stays and on the aft section - the boom suspension point is broken. Both I can get done by a local sail maker if easier. Were I keeping the cover, I would be adding additional boom suspension points as well as a zipped door at the stern to allow easy access to the cockpit without having to untie and roll back each time. Cover is now in NE Scotland and am guessing courier charges around £20 - £30 to most parts of the country.

Not sure what to ask for the cover - based on quotes we have for a new one - think £400 isn't far off the mark though am open to offers. Its no use to anyone sitting in our garage!

Contact Fergus: 07484 102 607 or fjmack@btintertnet.com
fullsizeoutput_17d.jpeg IMG_1707.JPG IMG_1711.JPG IMG_1708.JPG IMG_1709.JPG IMG_1715.JPG

Dick Holness

Dick Holness
GC Support Team
Boat name
CANTATA
Berth
East Coast
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
East Coast France Belgium Holland
Fergus, I could be interested but I have a 36 so would have to spend a fair amount getting the cover altered. Also my boat has no perforated toe-rail like yours, another problem. So I wouldn't want to pay anything like your asking price.
If you don't get any takers and you end up willing to take quite a lot less, do please get back to me.

Michael Ellis

Michael Ellis
Boat name
NATNEK
Berth
Ipswich
Boat type
Moody 346
Cruising area
East Coast
Hi Fergus, I am willing to offer £250 if you have the repairs completed plus a £25 contribution towards carriage to RM143TR.

Fergus Mack

Fergus Mack
Boat name
FIOR
Berth
Croatia
Boat type
Moody 38 CC
Cruising area
Mediterranean
Thanks to both for your replies - apologies for delayed response. Given the cover was made for a 38, am wondering if the cost/effort to modify for a smaller boat is worth it! Will hang on and see if any 38 owners are interested and revert. Thanks again Fergus

Michael Ellis

Michael Ellis
Boat name
NATNEK
Berth
Ipswich
Boat type
Moody 346
Cruising area
East Coast
Thanks to both for your replies - apologies for delayed response. Given the cover was made for a 38, am wondering if the cost/effort to modify for a smaller boat is worth it! Will hang on and see if any 38 owners are interested and revert. Thanks again Fergus
Fergus,

Thanks for your response and I understand where you are coming from. If you want to make contact again my email is mikegrosprop@gmail.com.

Regards Mike

Boat name
TERANGA
Berth
Spain
Boat type
Moody 376
Cruising area
Mediterranean
Good. I have a 376 moody, do you think I could serve?
If it could be worth, even if it would be interested.
What would be the final price for which you would be willing to sell it?

Thank you

Fergus Mack

Fergus Mack
Boat name
FIOR
Berth
Croatia
Boat type
Moody 38 CC
Cruising area
Mediterranean
Hi Xavier
Thanks for your interest. I only have limited familiarity with a 376 deck layout - though dimensionally I would assume the 376/38 decks are broadly similar. As the aft cover section height/tension can be adjusted using the boom/topping lift - any differences should be resolved. The forward section may have problems depending on the location of the mast relative to the bow and also the baby stays. If you have access to your boat and can measure the bow to mast distance, beam at the mast and also show where the baby stays are then I could measure the cover and see if it would fit..... As said above, given the cost of a new cover - have asked £400 but open to offers lower. Cover is light weight so cant imagine shipment costs to Spain would be that excessive. Best wishes Fergus