Moody 54 Any advice gratefully received

Mark Barter

Mark Barter
Registered Guest
We are looking for a bigger boat for some long distance cruising when I retire in a couple of years. Our present boat, a Jeanneau 45DS, has been great but we are looking for an upgrade in quality and size. The Moody 54 has caught our eye and we went as far as viewing one in Palma this summer. We plan to cruise extensively although neither one of us quite sure how far that will take us. I would be grateful for any views on this boat and I would also like to now if there are any real problems with them. A Jeanneau dealer told me to steer well clear as they have many issues. In the next breath however he extolled the virtues of a brand new Jeanneau! I don't want nor can I afford a new Jeanneau 54. many thanks

Pete Rowland

Peter Rowland
Boat name
APRIL LASS
Berth
Gosport
Boat type
Moody 31 MkII
Cruising area
Solent
Mark, welcome to the MOA.

If I was trying to sell Jeanneaus I would also try to put you off any other brand.

A friend took his M54 to Greenland this year, but he is not a member of the MOA, so you would need to contact him on CF, although the boat is back in the Solent now.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...n-ireland-passage-planning-drogue-198213.html

You might scroll down a bit because M54 questions have come up before with positive replies.

Regards

Pete