Moody S31 Anyone have an S31 on the East Coast?

Fred Russell

Fred Russell
Registered Guest
Hi all.

I currently sail a Super Seal 26 and would like to get a bigger boat in the next year or so. The lift keel on my boat is wonderful for the East Coast but I have decided next boat will be a bilge keeler. After the Super Seal I would like a boat with a decent turn of speed and the two decent-sailing bilge keelers within my budget would seem to be the ubiquitous Fulmar, or the Moody S31. The aft cabin of the S31, and the generally more modern look appeal to me greatly, but they're a bit thin on the ground in comparison with Fulmars, so I'm wondering if there is an S31(bilge or fin keel, its deck/interior layout I'm interested in) owner on the East Coast that would be kind enough to let me have a look at one close up? A big ask from a complete stranger I know, but it would help me a great deal in deliberating between the two boats shortlisted and I promise not to take up too much of your time. I live near Ipswich, but am prepared to travel.

Adam Grater

Adam Grater
Boat name
CORNSILK
Berth
Oare Creek
Boat type
Moody S31
Cruising area
Uk and France
Fred - if you draw a blank on the east coast and the south east is not too much of a push you are welcome to come and have a look at ours (bilge) - she is on the hard nr Faversham
At the moment the sole is up etc etc but in a few weeks (hopefully......) all will be tidy
Adam

Fred Russell

Fred Russell
Registered Guest
HI Adam - thats really kind of you. Faversham is near enough as far as I'm concerned. If a nearer boat hasn't 'appeared' in the next few weeks I would definitely like to take you up on your offer when you are good and ready!

cheers
fred

Adam Grater

Adam Grater
Boat name
CORNSILK
Berth
Oare Creek
Boat type
Moody S31
Cruising area
Uk and France