1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Available - Moody Eclipse 33 Genoa And Main Sails

Discussion in 'General For Sale / Wanted' started by James Lalor, 2/1/17.

1. James Lalor

James Lalor James Lalor

Boat name:
    EMMA LOUISE
    Berth:
    Ardrossan
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkII
    Cruising area:
    Clyde
    My colleague in Troon Sailing Club on the Clyde has a surplus Main and Genoa from a Moody Eclipse 33 available for collection in exchange for a financial donation of your choice to the Troon Sailing Club. The genoa size is luff 11.6m, leech 10.4m, foot 5.4m. The main, which is vertically battened for in mast reefing but has no battens with it, is - luff 10m, leech 10.4m, foot 6.8m. I have not seen the sails but I am told they were rarely used, if at all, and are in good condition. The sails may be suitable for other yachts. If you are interested please e mail me at seamuslalor@btconnect.com with you phone number and I'll get in contact. If there are any questions I can ask my colleague for more details.
    James

2. Pete Rowland

Pete Rowland Peter Rowland

Boat name:
    APRIL LASS
    Berth:
    Gosport
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkII
    Cruising area:
    Solent
    James, I suspect the main has a foot of 3.8m, we have the same mast / boom which needed measuring for a new main.

Pete

3. James Lalor

James Lalor James Lalor

Boat name:
    EMMA LOUISE
    Berth:
    Ardrossan
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkII
    Cruising area:
    Clyde
    Thanks Pete - I'll get my friend to remeasure the sail.
    James

4. James Lalor

James Lalor James Lalor

Boat name:
    EMMA LOUISE
    Berth:
    Ardrossan
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkII
    Cruising area:
    Clyde
    Hi Pete
    Measured the main and foot is indeed 3.4m - my friend needs to go to Specsavers!
    The genoa has gone to a new home but the main is still available.
    James