• We've retitled the main forum Technical Information and added another called General Information to separate technical from discussion about general boating matters of concern.

We'll also be putting a few posts from the MOA General Committee on this new forum.

If you have saved any bookmarks, addresses, URLs, these will change. Just resave the new ones Do let us know if you approve?

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the x on the top right

Wanted Cockpit cover and frame for Moody33 mk2

Ray Campbell

Ray Campbell
Boat name
KERERRA MOON
Berth
Inverkip
Boat type
Moody 33 MkII
Cruising area
Scotland West Coast
Long shot but Looking for a Cockpit Cover and frame , colour Burgundy for a Moody 33 mk2 .

John Thomas

John Thomas
Boat name
HIPSLEY LADY
Boat type
Moody 33 MkII
Cruising area
France
Long shot hit the target! I have a burgundy bimini cover and frame which was made by tec sew on the south coast, it was never fitted when I purchased it and I have now sold my 33 Mk 2. I would assume you can add to it to make an enclosure if you so wished. Frame is of course stainless steel. i do not have the foot brackets but they are not hard to get.

You need two angled feet and then there are colour coded webbing straps to hold it in a ridged manner.

regards

John

Ray Campbell

Ray Campbell
Boat name
KERERRA MOON
Berth
Inverkip
Boat type
Moody 33 MkII
Cruising area
Scotland West Coast
Hi John

Sounds like what I am looking for will it connect onto an existing spray hood . If you have any pictures and price you are looking for that would be great.

Thanks

Ray

raycampbell56@googlemail.com

John Thomas

John Thomas
Boat name
HIPSLEY LADY
Boat type
Moody 33 MkII
Cruising area
France
Hi Ray,

I am currently on 12 hour shifts at Sullom Voe oil Terminal in Shetland so am not in a position to do any photos etc until Monday when I will get you some photos. It will take a little time as i have to get the framework together and set it up the bimini folds up and has a cover ( colour matched )
which zips over the top when it is not being used.
This is a bimini top covering the whole of the cockpit and does not currently attach to the spray hood, it is possible to do this but it would require extra canvas work.
We are not permitted to have mobiles with us at Sullom Voe due to explosive risk, but i will get it together on Monday. It cost Very nearly £1000 and i would be looking for £400 plus postage. its a substantial piece of kit which can be left up while sailing.

It is manufactured by C & J marine southampton www.cjmarine.co.uk

Hope that helps

John

Ray Campbell

Ray Campbell
Boat name
KERERRA MOON
Berth
Inverkip
Boat type
Moody 33 MkII
Cruising area
Scotland West Coast
John

No problem re time scales , once I see photographs I will confirm and we can come to an arrangement . It certainly appears as if it would suit , re delivery what is size and where is the cover could I collect it I am based in Edinburgh.

Thanks

Ray