Moody 54 Considering Purchase - any advice please?

• Thread starter Geoff Smith
  • Start date
G

Geoff Smith

Hi all,
I am considering purchase of a Moody 54 or Moody 56. I understand these were made by Marine Projects/Princess Yachts and VT Halmatic. Does anyone have any thoughts/observations re pros/cons and anything particular to look out for?
All advice gratefully received.
many thanks

Hello Max, I am in the process of buying a 2001 Moody 54 (Hull #6) in Southern California. Quick question, does your 54 have a gas/water separator for the Yanmar exhaust (and genset if you have one)? I am curious if this feature was factory standard, a factory option, or an after market modification. Any other 54 owners have some info? Thank you!

Hello Max, I am in the process of buying a 2001 Moody 54 (Hull #6) in Southern California. Quick question, does your 54 have a gas/water separator for the Yanmar exhaust (and genset if you have one)? I am curious if this feature was factory standard, a factory option, or an after market modification. Any other 54 owners have some info? Thank you!
Hi Christopher!
I do have the gas/water separator and it was factory installed. I have uploaded the Moody 54 owner's manual to this forum if you don't have one.
The genset was a factory option. I have the factory installed Onan 13.5kw version. I did see that Moody for sale (watched the youtube presentation) and it looks beautiful! If you want a fresh water 2002 Moody 54, there is one for sale on Lake Michigan.

Hi Christopher!
I do have the gas/water separator and it was factory installed. I have uploaded the Moody 54 owner's manual to this forum if you don't have one.
The genset was a factory option. I have the factory installed Onan 13.5kw version. I did see that Moody for sale (watched the youtube presentation) and it looks beautiful! If you want a fresh water 2002 Moody 54, there is one for sale on Lake Michigan.
Hello Max, any chance you still know of a Moody 54 for sale on Lake Michigan. I know a lot has changed since August, but it is worth a try.
Thanks
Tom

Hi Tom,
I just saw this!! Yes, I do know of another Moody 54 that may be for sale on Lake Michigan.

Hi Christopher!
Hello Max,
I am unable to find the 54 owner manual in this forum. Would you be kind enough to point me the right direction or share a link? I am particularly interested in the rigging specification.
Much appreciated!
Best,
Stephan Vitus

Back