• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Wanted Cruising Chute For Use On 1990's M36

Dick Holness

Dick Holness
Boat name
CANTATA
Berth
East Coast
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
East Coast France Belgium Holland
I'm still on the lookout for a cruising chute to use on our Moody 36.
Needs to be in reasonable condition
According to a sailmaker, the sizes should be:
Luff 13.6m
Leech 12.2m
Foot 6.9m
Anything close to this will quite likely be OK for my boat..
dickholness (at) gmail dot com

Hi Dick, I’ve just posted an advert for Colin Eccles a former MOA member, he thinks he has a sail which might be suitable for you the details are as follows:
Moody 37 Lucas cruising chute. Old but perfect condition only used a few times.
Luff 14m, leech 13.1m, foot 7.4m.
No reasonable offers refused. Inspect in Twickenham.
Colin Eccles 0208-607-9433, 07955 237379. colineccles@blueyonder.co.uk
I will leave it with you to contact him if you think it’s suitable.
All the best
Mary

Dick Holness

Dick Holness
Boat name
CANTATA
Berth
East Coast
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
East Coast France Belgium Holland
I may be already fixed up, Mary - I've got one from Jeckells 'stock' to try out but cannot do so for another couple of weeks. I'l maybe contact Colin after that if this one doesn't really suit. Thank you very much for the heads-up.

I may be already fixed up, Mary - I've got one from Jeckells 'stock' to try out but cannot do so for another couple of weeks. I'l maybe contact Colin after that if this one doesn't really suit. Thank you very much for the heads-up.
Hi Dick, fingers crossed it suits. I’ve told Colin just so he knows you may be sorted. Good luck and hope you are having better weather in your neck of the woods than we are here down in Bournemouth. I am still thawing out after an afternoon polishing the boat! All the best Mary