Boat name
MATILDA
Berth
Swale Marina
Boat type
Moody 34
Cruising area
East Coast
I'm on the look out for an Echopilot Bronze Trio, new or used.

I would like to use it to replace my very very old Stowe Navigator log and depth displays, retaining use of existing transducer and paddle wheel (which work fine) - all the while gaining NMEA output.

I was massively excited to discover this existed and devastated to find out that the company was sold and the new owner no longer appears to make the device.

If anyone has one they would like to sell or hears of any suppliers, I'd love to hear about it.

Failing that - if anyone happens to live in Belgium or Netherlands I could do with some help getting from one supplier who allegedly has old stock but don't appear to ship to UK.

E-mail on wildej@gmail.com or phone 07887 496661.

Thanks in advance.

John

Peter Wright

Peter Wright
Boat name
WILD THYME
Berth
Suffolk Yacht Harbour
Boat type
Moody 425
Cruising area
North Sea, English Channel, Biscay
Hi John,

Most of these transducers are interchangeable between different manufacturers' instruments, to the extent that the transducers are now almost all made by the same manufacturer. Are you sure no other brand will work with your existing transducers?

Peter.

John Wilde

John Wilde
Boat name
MATILDA
Berth
Swale Marina
Boat type
Moody 34
Cruising area
East Coast
Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying. The old Stowe stuff is very peculiar in that it operates at 205khz, rather than the conventional 150 or 200khz.

I do have an alternative, which is to purchase a new interface box and display from Stowe, who seem to still have a presence (on the internet at least - haven't actually confirmed if they are still manufacturing stuff). However, this also ends up coming to something like £1000, making the option of just replacing the instruments completely seem more compelling.

This particular device was appealing because it supports a full range of transducer frequencies, has a wide log calibration range and can dual display. I'm keen to consolidate to one so that I can free up space on the binnacle for another instrument.

I have actually tracked down a old friend who lives in Belgium and they are seeing if they can get me one from the supplier I located in Netherlands.

Fingers crossed that works out!

Thanks again.

John