• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Moody Eclipse 33 For Sale Eclipse 33

Steve Cox

Steve Cox
Boat name
JOIE DE VIVRE
Berth
Ashlett Creek
Boat type
Moody Eclipse 33
Cruising area
Solent
I will shortly be putting my Eclipse Mk1, bilge keel, on the market as I no longer have the stamina and health to do justice to it.
Its 1990 and based in Southampton. Based on survey from July 2021 the advertised price would be £51,000. For further details please contact me.
Steve Cox
steve@portsarnia.uk

Attachments

• JDV 1.jpg
    JDV 1.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 475
  • stbd foreward.jpg
    stbd foreward.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 465
  • aft cabin 2.jpg
    aft cabin 2.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 427
  • fore cabin.jpg
    fore cabin.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 423
  • galley.jpg
    galley.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 438
  • helm.jpg
    helm.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 438
  • saloon aft.jpg
    saloon aft.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 448
  • saloon stbd.jpg
    saloon stbd.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 474
  • JDV Details and Spec.xlsx
    14.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Hi Steve, That's nice clean looking boat. I'm definitely interested in her. Hopefully you received my email?

Hi Steve, That's nice clean looking boat. I'm definitely interested in her. Hopefully you received my email?
Hi Peter
Yes got your email on Tuesday and sent reply with several photos and survey. I wonder if it was too big for your mailbox. If not received please advise and I will resend in smaller sets.
I have your address as Pete.Fulham@outlook.com
Steve Cox
steve@portsarnia.uk

Intrigued to know where your electrical switch panel has gone now that you have the radar/plotter in front of the wheel...? Thanks

Hi Steve.

I see your spec list a 'Additional Storm/Emergency fore stay with highfield tensioner'. It's something I've been considering for a while, so can you give a few more details please, such as where it is attached to the mast, where you stow the fore stay, how do you sheet it please. Also any sail size info and how it performs when you have used it.

Regards,
Paul.

Intrigued to know where your electrical switch panel has gone now that you have the radar/plotter in front of the wheel...? Thanks
Hi Alex
Done before my time so not sure how difficult it was to move, but its on the back of the console. Seems to me like a better use of space. Photo attached.
Steve

Attachments

• console back.jpg
    console back.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 393
  • console internal.jpg
    console internal.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 375
Hi Steve.

I see your spec list a 'Additional Storm/Emergency fore stay with highfield tensioner'. It's something I've been considering for a while, so can you give a few more details please, such as where it is attached to the mast, where you stow the fore stay, how do you sheet it please. Also any sail size info and how it performs when you have used it.

Regards,
Paul.
Hi Paul
Having never used it in anger there is not a lot I can say about how well it works. The mast attachment is about 1 metre below the forestay and the haliyard is internal to the mast. There is an eye plate on the foredeck about 1M aft of windlass that is reinforced by a stainless rod in the forecabin that takes the load to the chain locker bulkhead. There is a second set of fairleads on the genoa track. I normally keep the highfield unit down below and the stay lashed to a foreward lower shroud. I can't find any detail photos except fore deck and cabin.

Attachments

• fordeck.jpg
    fordeck.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 380
  • fore cabin.jpg
    fore cabin.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 375
Hi Steve.

Thanks for that info. Nice neat electrics in there.

Regards,
Paul.

Back