• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

For Sale, Telescopic Spinnaker Pole for a biggish Moody

Dick Holness

Dick Holness
Boat name
CANTATA
Berth
East Coast
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
East Coast France Belgium Holland
I have a Kemp telescopic pole to sell, been in my shed for years since I acquired it off someone else.

It's in very good nick despite its age; I recently took it apart to renew the nylon buttons that hold it at each pre-set length as they are prone to UV damage and were in a poor state, but that was really the only thing wrong with it and is now fixed. The ends work smoothly and have been re-riveted on using Duralac. The anodising is in a good state, just one or two minor nicks in it.

It is equivalent in length to the current Selden 072-072-61 pole, although it has a smaller cross-section - the smaller section is 50mm diameter, the larger is 60mm. I suspect the walls on this pole are thicker than the more recent Selden version.

The pre-set lengths are as follows -
Stowed - 2.95m
Spinnaker - 3.50m
Whisker pole - heavy airs - 4.20m
Whisker pole - light airs - 5.27m

A new pole to this spec is over £600.
Asking £200.
Collect from East Kent; or I am willing to deliver up to 50 miles (e.g. to the Dartford Crossing); or I might be going to the Southampton Boat Show, so could possibly deliver Solent area, or off M25 (south) or M3.

pole 1.JPG pole 2.JPG pole 3.JPG

Contact - dickholness (at) gmail dot com .