Moody 36 (90s) Headroom in saloon

Chris Chandler

Chris Chandler
Temporary Member
Can owners help me in regard to the amount of headroom in the saloon of an M36. I read somewhere that in the post ‘96 models there is only 6ft. We are are a tall family and this would be a considerable disincentive ! Are the pre ‘96 models any different? Until now I have been looking at an M376 but I am attracted by the possibility of a newer if slightly smaller boat as long as I can stand upright in the saloon !

Hi Chris,

I am about 6 ft 2 in - I did not measure but made a "head test" in a 1997 M36 (but I doubt there is any difference between years).
No full standing height in the saloon, only below the ("window") hatches. On the plus side there is standing height also under the hatch in the forecabin. On the minus side is the protruding edge at the cabin entrance that you can see behind me (next to the smoke detector).

But I wonder if there is any significant difference between M35/M36/M376/M38 in this regard?

Standing height and bunk length is also a FAQ, so maybe it's time for a similar list like for mast air draught. :)

M36_headroom.jpg

Many thanks for your reply. I have looked at a couple of 376s and a 38 and could stand up comfortably throughout the saloon on both. Be interesting to hear from somebody with a pre 1996 M36.
Best wishes
Chris

Back