Moody DS 45 How many DS 45 hulls are there?

• Thread starter Glenn Brien
  • Start date
G

Glenn Brien

In a year or two, my wife and will be looking to buy a DS 45. I'm curious to know how many hulls have been made so I've got an idea of how many might come on the used market. I've heard that here in Australia there are only about 12 so likely will have to pick one up from Europe.

Also, does anyone know what website they usually list on and perhaps a typical price range vs age?

Thanks all.

We have just placed an order for a 45DS from Greifswald. It is hull #117. That leaves 116 out there somewhere. Maybe we'll get to Oz one day in it?

Try this site

Hi Glenn,
Same status here. Looking for 45 DS or 41 DS in a couple of years from now. No 41 DS in North America yet. Saw a 45 DS in Yoti Australia website AUS $645K.
May I ask you what makes you decide for a Moody 45 DS, where are you planning to sail and what others boats are in your short list?
We are planning for full time cruising. Started looking at Jeanneau 44 DS, then discovered Moody DS and Amel (if our money tree grow big enough). Saw a Moody 54 DS in Annapolis last year and learn about Bill Dixon background. Good luck in your search.

In a year or two, my wife and will be looking to buy a DS 45. I'm curious to know how many hulls have been made so I've got an idea of how many might come on the used market. I've heard that here in Australia there are only about 12 so likely will have to pick one up from Europe.

Also, does anyone know what website they usually list on and perhaps a typical price range vs age?

Thanks all.
Hi Glenn,
Same status here. Looking for 45 DS or 41 DS in a couple of years from now. No 41 DS in North America yet. Saw a 45 DS in Yoti Australia website AUS $645K.
May I ask you what makes you decide for a Moody 45 DS, where are you planning to sail and what others boats are in your short list?
We are planning for full time cruising. Started looking at Jeanneau 44 DS, then discovered Moody DS and Amel (if our money tree grow big enough). Saw a Moody 54 DS in Annapolis last year and learn about Bill Dixon background. Good luck in your search.

Just to say that Glenn is no longer a Registered Guest. His original post was in February.

Back