• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Jabsco Twist N Lock Compact Toilet - And Old Pump

Paul Lingard

Paul Lingard
Boat name
CALYPSO
Berth
Hamble Point
Boat type
Moody S38
Cruising area
South Coast and Atlantic France
Having just installed a holding tank with all new hose we thought we might as well renew the toilet whilst we were at it. It needed a service kit anyway, and there are cracks around the mounting bolts where somebody overtightened them - although they never gave us concern.

I brought it home and having just cleaned it up I am wondering why we put a new one in! The piston is smooth and it is in pretty good nick, albeit with an odd minor blemish here and there if you go looking for them.

I will sell it for £35, collection from Hamble (selected dates) or from home/work Halifax/Bradford.

Any less and I may as well keep the pump as a spare, so no offers please, but if somebody needs one it is good enough to reuse.

Photos of the base cracks can be sent. If I were reinstalling I would use soft blanks in the bolt holes and fill the voids around the holes with epoxy (perfect sized voids for the job).

I also have an older grey handled pump that I took off the forward heads when we bought the boat and upgraded to twist n lock to match the aft heads. I think it was working ok from memory! Free to a good home. . IMG_0086.JPG IMG_0088.JPG IMG_0090.JPG

Off now to wash hands for the fifth time!!

Mark Todd

Mark Todd
Boat name
BALOO
Berth
RNYC,Blyth
Boat type
Moody 419
Cruising area
UK
hi paul,

I'm interested in the pump/s only...if you want to sell separate?

Paul Lingard

Paul Lingard
Boat name
CALYPSO
Berth
Hamble Point
Boat type
Moody S38
Cruising area
South Coast and Atlantic France
Hi Mark,
I will keep the twist n lock pump as a spare, but (as long as I didn’t bin it, will have to go and search) the older one is available at postage cost (make donation to rnli on my behalf to equivalent amount). It’s a while since we took it off - likely to need service kit.
As I say, I am not sure whether I binned it when no reply received, but happy to go searching in the garage this weekend!
Regards
Paul

Mark Todd

Mark Todd
Boat name
BALOO
Berth
RNYC,Blyth
Boat type
Moody 419
Cruising area
UK
Hi Mark,
I will keep the twist n lock pump as a spare, but (as long as I didn’t bin it, will have to go and search) the older one is available at postage cost (make donation to rnli on my behalf to equivalent amount). It’s a while since we took it off - likely to need service kit.
As I say, I am not sure whether I binned it when no reply received, but happy to go searching in the garage this weekend!
Regards
Paul
hi paul,

it was the twist and lock one I was after primarily.

thanks anyway,

mark.