1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Jib Sail For M33 Mk1

Discussion in 'General For Sale / Wanted' started by John Miller, 28/12/16.

1. John Miller

John Miller John Miller

Boat name:
    ARKH ANGELL II
    Berth:
    Kirkwall Marina, Orkney
    Boat type:
    Moody 33
    Cruising area:
    Orkney Islands
    Hi there,
    After the festive seasons' visit of "Barbara" and "Conor" here in the Northern Isles, I now have a badly damaged Jib sail - possibly not repairable.
    I'm posting this to ask members' advice on purchasing new (or second-hand, good (guaranteed) condition) before I make any decisions on laying out hard-earned cash.
    Any advice on repairing/purchasing would be gratefully received.
    Many thanks,
    John Miller.
    Contact me at :- jrmsco(at)gmail.com (replace (at) with @)

Footnote :-
    The boat was/is regularly checked several times every week (at least 3 times) particularly at this time of year. There was no sign of anything in the "Jib" department that showed it needed attention yet it obviously did - there must have been the slightest of openings in the jib furling and some slackness in the jib sheets or reefing line that allowed the wind to get to work.
    I guess the moral of the story is "No point in checking unless you check thoroughly".

Roger Morrison likes this.
  2. Pete Rowland

Pete Rowland Peter Rowland

Boat name:
    APRIL LASS
    Berth:
    Gosport
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkII
    Cruising area:
    Solent
    John, there is a genoa and main for an Eclipse 33 for sale on here which might fit located in Troon. Shame because the main would have suited me, but we have just ordered a new one. Sadly the Genoa is just a little too big for a M31.

Pete

3. John Miller

John Miller John Miller

Boat name:
    ARKH ANGELL II
    Berth:
    Kirkwall Marina, Orkney
    Boat type:
    Moody 33
    Cruising area:
    Orkney Islands
    Thanks for the reply Pete - please excuse my late answer.
    Once I get a quote for repair, I'll I'll have a closer look at purchase options.
    Thanks for the tip.
    JM

4. Roger Morrison

Roger Morrison Roger Morrison

Boat name:
    SWIMBO
    Berth:
    Gourock
    Boat type:
    Moody 33 MkII
    Cruising area:
    West Scotland
    Having just purchased a 33, I have superfluous sails, genoas and mains as the previous owner replaced regulary. You are most welcome to have a look and make an offer. Based on Clyde.