1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Moody 33 MkII 'kianga' Fin Keel Masthead Sloop 1980

Discussion in 'Boats For Sale / Wanted' started by Nick Nottingham, 23/4/16.

1. Nick Nottingham

Nick Nottingham Nick Nottingham

Boat name:
    KIANGA
    Berth:
    Portsmouth
    Boat type:
    Moody 33 MkII
    Cruising area:
    Solent
    Key details are:

· Engine (Beta 30) new 2013 and now has 444 trouble-free hours

· Sails (fully battened main (3 reefs) and furling genoa) new from Jeckells 2014

· Standing rigging 2010

· Preventative epoxy layer to hull 2010

· New seacocks and skin fittings 2008

· Overhauled electrical and gas systems

LOA 9.9m
    Draft: 1.4m
    Breadth 3.5m

I bought Kianga in 2007 from fellow MOA member Danny Beken and have had 9 wonderful years with her. She arrived in my ownership already quite modernised, and had had full osmosis treatment in 2001. I have continued to update her. She now has a new engine, new mainsail and genoa and new electronics (AIS, radar and helm mounted chart plotter, all interfaced). Her other systems (Eberspacher air ducted heater, electric anchor windlass, hot and cold running water, full canopy etc) all work well and she is well equipped and comfortable. My family has now outgrown her – we are looking for a bigger yacht - and she is ready to be passed on to her next owner to enjoy.

I wanted a sturdily built cruising yacht with modern fittings to cruise widely and Kianga has not let us down. In the UK we have taken her from Suffolk to Scilly and all points in between, and across the channel from Normandy to Morbihan. We have generally sailed about 1200 NM a year. She is very comfortable to live in and handles strong weather very ably – a tribute to her designer Angus Primrose. I have raced her for one week a year and she has won the Army Offshore Regatta cruising class on handicap three times – she is faster than people think! She is currently afloat in a walk on pontoon in Gosport and is ready to go sailing. I recently antifouled her and replaced the anodes ready for the coming season. I would be delighted to show any prospective buyer around her, and take them sailing if they so wished. I would be very happy to negotiate with a current or future MOA member with a serious intent to look after her into the future.

£24,500 ono

Contact Nick Nottingham – nickandsue@hotmail.com 01962 761894 / 07855 532454 for more information.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 19/6/16
  2. Nick Nottingham

Boat name:
    KIANGA
    Berth:
    Portsmouth
    Boat type:
    Moody 33 MkII
    Cruising area:
    Solent
    A fully modernised version of this excellent yacht, with a new engine and new sails and much more besides. Owing to a slow market at present I would be happy to part with Kianga for £24,500 ono.

3. Nick Nottingham

Boat name:
    KIANGA
    Berth:
    Portsmouth
    Boat type:
    Moody 33 MkII
    Cruising area:
    Solent
  4. Nick Nottingham

Boat name:
    KIANGA
    Berth:
    Portsmouth
    Boat type:
    Moody 33 MkII
    Cruising area:
    Solent
    Kianga is now sold and with her new owners.