• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Moody 44 (90s) Located Greece, for sale or exchange end summer

Peter Sims

Peter Sims
Boat name
SIRI
Berth
Lefkas Marina
Boat type
Moody 44 (90s)
Cruising area
Ionian
With great regret I am going to sell my 1996/7 Moody 44 later this year. Family circumstances force us to put her on the market but I will be buying a smaller boat here in the UK. If anyone is looking to sell here and upgrade to a 44 ready to go around the world then we may be able to agree something that works for both of us.
Siri was one of the last 44's built in 1996 and delivered to first owner end 1997. VAT paid in Germany. An easy life since with several periods laid up ashore including a major refit to prepare for a circumnavigation that never happened.
She has the aft cabin dressing room layout and saloon with central large table and settees port and starboard
Engine is original VP MD22L that was overhauled a few years ago. About 2800 hours since new. Starts and runs sweetly.
Sails by Sanders and in good condition. Mainsail is fully battened in mast furling. Cruising chute and snuffer by Kemp Sails only used in my ownership.
All electronics by Raymarine and in good working order. E80 plotters at chart table and helm. Sleipner bowthruster. Knox anchor and 100m x 10mm chain
Teak decks in working condition. Cockpit seat teak and all transom steps replaced
New service batteries. Charging from 350W of solar on an arch plus wind generator, shore power and mains charger.
TekTank water tanks
Shallow draft keel that was dropped a few years ago to remake hull join and all keel studs replaced.

I shall be very sad to see Siri go but needs must. I haven't put all the details together yet but if you are interested in buying or exchanging (with suitable money difference) for a UK based 35 - 38ft boat then please get in touch for more details and pictures. I will be putting together a full inventory shortly
I'm looking for about £120,000.
Please contact on pjfsims - at - hotmail.com

Back