Moody 336 Looking for a Moody 336

• Thread starter David Hardcastle
  • Start date
D

David Hardcastle

I am thinking of buying a 336 but have been unable to view one locally to check my choice. Can anyone on the South Coast show me around their boat as an example ? I live near Guildford and my current boat is moored at Premier Southsea.
I would be keen to get all control lines fed back to the cockpit. One particular question , is it possible to fit single line reefing blocks inside the boom ?
many thanks
David Hardcastle.
davidjhardcastle@gmail.com

You are quite welcome to have a look at mine, it's at Birdham and I will be there tomorrow (Friday 26) if that suits. But it's not for sale.

Hi David,

I have just bought a 336, delivery delayed due to Covid but now out and sailing. Very pleased but there are alterations I have to make particularly with the lines. Kicker and outhaul both at the mast and main sheet going through a clutch, does not make for easy sailing!

I have single line reefing with in boom blocks which work well.

I think I will have to double stack the deck organisers as I also wish to add a spinnaker or cruising chute so lines will be needed there and for a whisker pole for the Genoa.

All this will be a project for next winter.

If Exmouth is not too far you're welcome to come and view.

Hi Rob,

My fairly limited experience of double stacked organisers is not good. If you want everything back to the cockpit, I would gp for a single stack 5 way organiser each side. That will cover:

Main halyard
Main outhaul
Topping lift
Reef 1
Reef 2
Kicker
Genoa halyard
Spinnaker halyard
Spi Pole lift
Spi Pole Foreguy

If you sail with a cruising chute rather than a symmeric spi. the tack line can go through the spi foreguy route and leave the pole lift route vacant.

I have never felt the need for more lines than this led aft on a sloop.

Peter.

You are quite welcome to have a look at mine, it's at Birdham and I will be there tomorrow (Friday 26) if that suits. But it's not for sale.
That’s very kind. I replied to the wrong place and have been ticked off by the website editor !! Is tomorrow after 230 pm any good for you ? David

Hi David,

I have just bought a 336, delivery delayed due to Covid but now out and sailing. Very pleased but there are alterations I have to make particularly with the lines. Kicker and outhaul both at the mast and main sheet going through a clutch, does not make for easy sailing!

I have single line reefing with in boom blocks which work well.

I think I will have to double stack the deck organisers as I also wish to add a spinnaker or cruising chute so lines will be needed there and for a whisker pole for the Genoa.

All this will be a project for next winter.

If Exmouth is not too far you're welcome to come and view.
I would love to view but Exmouth is a bit too far. Thanks for the rigging reply.

That’s very kind. I replied to the wrong place and have been ticked off by the website editor !! Is tomorrow after 230 pm any good for you ? David
I have no idea where you replied to? 2.30 for half an hour or so would be fine, I will be trying to get away at around 3 pm so as to miss the mass Friday afternoon exodus from the Witterings, so if this makes it a bit tight then perhaps another day would be better. I presume you will be happy to adopt appropriate social distancing and keep internal view brief. I will email you with my mobile number, however reception at Birdham is poor!

Barry,
probably a bit tight and I wouldn’t want to expose either of us to the Wittering crush! Next week would be better. Please let me know your availability etc. let’s take the logistics off line. My email is davidjhardcastle@gmail.com
david

Hi David, not sure if you are still looking, but my 336 mk1 is for sale and will be available late sept/early October .

All lines led to cockpit including single line reeling (double stacked works fine)

2 owner boat with recent updates as follows;

Standing rigging replaced
New pro furl head sail roller
B&G Vulcan 9" plotter/3G radar and mnea2000 backbone
New prop shaft, cutlass bearing and Volvo shaft seal

Emtrak Ais transponder
Anti foul removed, primed and re-antifouled
New Dolphin Sails Genoa
Mast step reinforced
New starter motor/ignition switch

New Bep cluster with DVSR and sterling alternator regulator

Tamissa also comes with;
Main sail/2 x genoas/storm jib/spinnaker/code 0
Stack pack/ full cockpit enclosue
Beta 35 (2013) 3 blade folding prop, raymarine St60 Wind-depth-speed and standard horizon vhf with fist mic in cockpit

Currently afloat and in commission at Levington (for sale due to new boat purchase)

£36500 or near offer.

Contact Nick Wood

Nickwood1172@gmail.com

Hi Nick - is your 336 a Fin Keel or Bilge keel?

Hi Nick
Is your 336 for sale
James

Back