Moody DS 54 Looking for the perfect Tender for a new Moody DS 54

Didier Blanquart

Temporary Member
I'm very happy to join you.

I just ordered a new Moody 54 DS I should get in almost one year. I am begginning thinking about the perfect tender which could fit perfectly in the tender garage and could be easy to use. What would you suggest ? What is the real size of the garage ?

Thanks. Best regards

Didier

Didier, did you ever find an answer to this question? I am interested in this as well as we are looking at the same boat. The information I have been able to receive from dealer states that it is about 2.96m long (9.72ft) at longest point, 1.28m (4.19ft)wide, .63m (2.1ft) high. From what I've gathered it looks like a 2.65m dinghy will fit, maybe longer, but with some deflation as the beam is still too wide. A folding transom will enable an outboard to fold into the middle of the tender. Would be curious as to options people have used.

Jason, I have not received my boat but Moody's importer in France recommends an AERMARINE tender with a folding transom. The Alusmart 280 slim model seems to have the ideal dimensions and should only be slightly deflated. I will be able to tell you more in a few months, when my boat will be delivered. Now I am looking for a device to easily load the tender in the garage...

Didier, that looks like a great option for a tender. Will be very curious how that it works out! We have placed our order (and initial deposit) for our yacht - hull #87, delivery in July of 2023. Will love to get your thoughts on the how the delivery of your 54DS goes- shakeout cruise, commissioning, handoff, etc. Congrats and best wishes.

Congratulations to you both on the new boats. We bought a 2018 45DS, and pull our dingy in and out with a bridle and the spinnaker halyard. Perhaps slightly different garage requirements, but we deflate and stow our dingy with just a bit of work

Back