1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

M31 Cruising Chute And Snuffer For Sale

Discussion in 'General For Sale / Wanted' started by John Crowe, 5/12/17.

1. John Crowe

John Crowe John Crowe

Boat name:
    EXPEDITIOUS
    Berth:
    SYH Marina, Levington
    Boat type:
    Moody 31
    Cruising area:
    East Coast
    Red/White/Blue Hyde triradial in1.5oz nylon with Hyde snuffer and lightweight sheet with nab shackle.
    In excellent condition only used 4 or 5 times.Luff approx 11.3m.
    Cost in excess of £850 and current price would cost in excess of £1200.
    Will deliver reasonable distance or meet buyer. £375.
    John Crowe 01394 610586 Woodbridge Suffolk crowbo37@yahoo.co.uk

2. Marcus Browne

Marcus Browne Marcus Browne

Boat name:
    MINSTREL
    Berth:
    Ipswich
    Boat type:
    Moody 30
    Cruising area:
    Channel Coast
    Hi John. Is this still for sale? My M30 was registered in Woodbridge, but now lives in Portland, near Weymouth.
    I was up in Stow last weekend, but hadn't seen your advert!
    If still available, could you measure it fully, I'd like to know if it'll fit my M30, cheers

3. John Crowe

John Crowe John Crowe

Boat name:
    EXPEDITIOUS
    Berth:
    SYH Marina, Levington
    Boat type:
    Moody 31
    Cruising area:
    East Coast
    At the moment I cannot take it out of the snuffer to measure it as I will not be able to get it in again as it needs to be hoisted tight to get the snuffer over it and it is at home now.
    The info from Hyde says that the luff is 11.35 which is also the distance of my luff between the top swivel and the top of my furling drum.
    The cruising chute halyard exits above the forestay connection obviously and there is also a tack
    line with a snap shackle on which i use to attach it to my stem head so it is virtually clear of the pulpit
    You would need to measure your boat to see if it will fit.
    However the I measurement of an M31 is listed as 11.73m and the I for an M30 is given as 10.82. The forestay
    length of the M30 is shown as 11.47 so I do not know if it will fit. I do know that many Moodys of that era have differing dimensions according to the sailmaker.

4. Marcus Browne

Marcus Browne Marcus Browne

Boat name:
    MINSTREL
    Berth:
    Ipswich
    Boat type:
    Moody 30
    Cruising area:
    Channel Coast
    Hi John. Thanks for that. I'm investigating this and that distance.... With the help of a friend who knows his A from is elbow.
    I'd be grateful if you'd let me know if you have any other serious interest in the meantime.
    Cheers. Marcus