• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Wanted M31 MkII Spinnaker Pole

Boat name
TROIKA
Berth
Suffolk Yacht Harbour
Boat type
Moody 31 MkII
Cruising area
East Coast
Hi.
I am looking for a spinnaker pole for a M31 Mk II if anyone has one of knows of one.
Many thanks.
Keith

Keith, last time I looked they were all in Suffolk. Today they are all in Wales :rolleyes: There are a pair of ends for sale if you could find a matching aluminium pole.

I have one that I’ve never used and is cluttering my deck.

Christchurch in Dorset.

Hi Martin

Sorry for the delay in replying - been head down in the cockpit locker trying to fix the heater :rolleyes:
Please can we move this conversation onto email.
Can you ping me at keith.trevorrow@btinternet.com
Many thanks

Keith

Hi Martin

How much do you want for the M31 Spinnaker Pole ?
You can send that on email if you prefer to keith.trevorrow@btinternet.com.
Transporting it might be tricky - can you confirm the overall length - I think it is 3.3m max

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

A spi pole should be J long, any shorter and it wont reach ahead of the forestay and will wrap the spinnaker around the stay, any longer and you will need a ridiculously wide (and under most rating rules illegal) spinnaker. According to the Moody Archive for a Moody 31 Mk. 2, J= 3.81 m or 12' 5". Selden recommend something even longer to use as a whisker pole, but most yotties are happy to use a spi pole of length J for this purpose.

Peter

Hi Martin

How much do you want for the M31 Spinnaker Pole ?
You can send that on email if you prefer to keith.trevorrow@btinternet.com.
Transporting it might be tricky - can you confirm the overall length - I think it is 3.3m max

Regards

Keith
Hi Keith
Just seen your message, so apologies for the delay in replying. I’ve been on board for the last 2 days but will visit Calypso again on Friday and take the measurements.
Yours

Martin

Hi Keith,

A spi pole should be J long, any shorter and it wont reach ahead of the forestay and will wrap the spinnaker around the stay, any longer and you will need a ridiculously wide (and under most rating rules illegal) spinnaker. According to the Moody Archive for a Moody 31 Mk. 2, J= 3.81 m or 12' 5". Selden recommend something even longer to use as a whisker pole, but most yotties are happy to use a spi pole of length J for this purpose.

Peter
Thanks Peter

Strangely the two holders bolted on the foredeck which held the (missing when purchased) spinny pole are about 3.1m apart.
So she either carried a long whisker or a short spinny pole.

I will keep looking for a second hand one and take whatever comes.

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

If the pole was that short when stowed, it was probably a telescopic one. 0.7 m shorter than J is no use as a spi pole and not much good as a whisker pole for a genoa.

Hi Keith,

If the pole was that short when stowed, it was probably a telescopic one. 0.7 m shorter than J is no use as a spi pole and not much good zs a whisker lole for a genoa
Hi Peter

Thanks for the clarification. Hadn't come across telescopic spinny poles before.

Regards

Peter

Back