• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Wanted Main for a Eclipse 33. Mk 1

Paul Cleaver

Paul Cleaver
Boat name
RAPPORT
Berth
Neyland
Boat type
Moody Eclipse 33
Cruising area
South Wales
Hi John.

I have one that was washed and serviced but I think it's a bit baggy as it was not easy to furl or unfurl before it was replaced. It's stored in a heated and dehumidifed unit waiting to be cut up and sewn into bags but I'm open to offers. Not sure there is any difference in dimensions between a Mk1 and a Mk2, although different masts and booms could dmake a difference.

Regards,
Paul.

John Summers

John Summers
Boat name
MOON ECLIPSE
Berth
Queenborough Kent
Boat type
Moody Eclipse 33
Cruising area
North Kent Coast
Hi Paul
Thank you for the offer .But my wife thinks it is about time I spent some money on our boat and go for new sails.

Regards,
John.

Paul Cleaver

Paul Cleaver
Boat name
RAPPORT
Berth
Neyland
Boat type
Moody Eclipse 33
Cruising area
South Wales
Hi John.

A much better idea, order them before she changes her mind !

Regards,
Paul.

Mark Cady

Mark Cady
Boat name
BLUE MOON
Berth
Wareham
Boat type
Moody Eclipse 33
Cruising area
Poole South Coast
I'm with Paul on that one. Any second hand sail is likely to be baggy and jam. When you get your new main I suggest that keep the old one and you use it to replace the new one over the winter then the metalwork in the mast does not bang about and your new sail can have a winter holiday at home.

Mark