• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Wanted Moody 28 Bilge Keel

• Thread starter Robert Purdon
  • Start date
  • Tags bob
R

Robert Purdon

Hi Members,
I am looking for a good example of a Moody 28 with a bilge keel and a reliable engine. If anyone on the east coast is thinking of selling such a boat, please let me know.
01268 764665
purdons@hotmail.co.uk

Graham Allan

Graham Allan
Boat name
SEA HOLLY
Berth
Portsmouth
Boat type
Moody 28
Cruising area
Solent
Always seems to be one for sale with Clarke and Carter down on the Medway - this is where i got mine from.

R

Robert Purdon

Always seems to be one for sale with Clarke and Carter down on the Medway - this is where i got mine from.
Hi Allan, Thanks for your advice. I have actually viewed the boat you mentioned but was not entirely convinced by it.
I may yet revisit. Bob.

Robert Bell

Robert Bell
Boat name
VALHALLA
Berth
River Blackwater
Boat type
Moody 31 MkI
Cruising area
East Coast
Hi Robert
We noticed you are in Bradwell. We can't help you out with a 28 but we do have a Moody 27 bilge keel for sale if you are interested. Details are on the Forum. She's called Lady J and she's just up the river from Bradwell, at the Blackwater Sailing Club (just before the lock at Heybridge).
Bob

R

Robert Purdon

Hello Bob, Thanks for your email. Your boat certainly looks very nice and with the replacement engine comes very close to what we are looking for and in the right location too.
However, we are looking for a 28 footer or even a 31 footer for a bit more volume and weight, as we are not as agile as previously.
Thanks again and good luck selling your boat,
Best Wishes,
Bob Purdon.