1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted Moody 28 Bilge Keel

Discussion in 'Boats For Sale / Wanted' started by Robert Purdon, 9/6/17.

Tags:
  1. Robert Purdon

Robert Purdon Robert Purdon

Boat name:
    ALIBABA
    Berth:
    Bradwell Marina
    Boat type:
    Moody 29
    Cruising area:
    River Blackwater
    Hi Members,
    I am looking for a good example of a Moody 28 with a bilge keel and a reliable engine. If anyone on the east coast is thinking of selling such a boat, please let me know.
    01268 764665
    purdons@hotmail.co.uk

2. Graham Allan

Graham Allan Graham Allan

Boat name:
    SEA HOLLY
    Berth:
    Portsmouth
    Boat type:
    Moody 28
    Cruising area:
    Solent
    Always seems to be one for sale with Clarke and Carter down on the Medway - this is where i got mine from.

3. Robert Purdon

Boat name:
    ALIBABA
    Berth:
    Bradwell Marina
    Boat type:
    Moody 29
    Cruising area:
    River Blackwater
    Hi Allan, Thanks for your advice. I have actually viewed the boat you mentioned but was not entirely convinced by it.
    I may yet revisit. Bob.

4. Robert Bell

Robert Bell Robert Bell

Boat name:
    VALHALLA
    Berth:
    River Blackwater
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkI
    Cruising area:
    East Coast
    Hi Robert
    We noticed you are in Bradwell. We can't help you out with a 28 but we do have a Moody 27 bilge keel for sale if you are interested. Details are on the Forum. She's called Lady J and she's just up the river from Bradwell, at the Blackwater Sailing Club (just before the lock at Heybridge).
    Bob

5. Robert Purdon

Boat name:
    ALIBABA
    Berth:
    Bradwell Marina
    Boat type:
    Moody 29
    Cruising area:
    River Blackwater
    Hello Bob, Thanks for your email. Your boat certainly looks very nice and with the replacement engine comes very close to what we are looking for and in the right location too.
    However, we are looking for a 28 footer or even a 31 footer for a bit more volume and weight, as we are not as agile as previously.
    Thanks again and good luck selling your boat,
    Best Wishes,
    Bob Purdon.