• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Moody 28 volvo penta 2002

Andrew J Taylor

Andrew J Taylor
Registered Guest
Hi, can any one enlighten me regarding the ability to determine if the spline fix on the VP 2002 has been completed or not.
And also can I trust the opinnions posted variously around the internet regarding the need to have the work done.
Current owner of yacht in question is content that the engine is fully functional and has been without issue for several years with many miles on the clock. - he does not know if the spline work has been carried out.
Regards and Thanks.

Neil Eccles

Neil Eccles
General Committee
MOA Position
Website Editor
Boat name
CUTAWAY
Berth
Vannes
Boat type
Moody 42
Cruising area
West Coast of France and North Coast Of Spain
Andrew - you would be better talking to your surveyor or engineer. If you make an offer you could make this work being done a condition of sale. This forum is for general questions - sorry your specific stuff is not for here. Sorry if this sounds harsh, we try to be friendly.