• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Moody 29 Moody 29

Kelvin Harris

Kelvin Harris
Registered Guest
Hi im looking to buy a Moody 29 fin or twin keel. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks Kelvin

Paul McClure

Paul Mcclure
Boat name
AKELA
Berth
St Katharine Dock, London
Boat type
Moody 29
Cruising area
Scotland West Coast
I’ve got a fin keel, 1981. It’s a really nice boat and I’m currently using it as a live aboard in London. Sails nicely, I’ve had 6.5 knots (jib and main) before stupidity and inexperience resulted in a broach, but no drama. A bit of sail tuning would no doubt have kept her level and happy. She doesn’t slam in anything but the worst weather and the flared hull keeps most of the water away from the cockpit. An amazing amount of accommodation given the LOA, although internal storage could be better. I’m nit picking here as I doubt anyone not using it as a live aboard would have any problem. I’ve had six on it for several nights - V Berth for two, single berth to port, starboard bunk pulls out to a double and a good sized single in the aft berth to starboard. There’s a huge port locker which swallows an amazing amount of crap.

I often have old boys and surveyors tell me they don’t build boats like these any more.

Paul McClure

Paul Mcclure
Boat name
AKELA
Berth
St Katharine Dock, London
Boat type
Moody 29
Cruising area
Scotland West Coast
You’re welcome. If you are anywhere near london I’d happy for you to take a look at her.