• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Wanted Moody 30 spinnaker specifications

Marcus Browne

Marcus Browne
Boat name
MINSTREL
Berth
Portland
Boat type
Moody 30
Cruising area
Channel Coast
Does any M30 owner have the spinnaker specifications? Mine had one originally, but sometime during the 7 or so changes in ownership, it's disappeared.

Peter Wright

Peter Wright
Boat name
WILD THYME
Berth
Suffolk Yacht Harbour
Boat type
Moody 425
Cruising area
North Sea, English Channel, Biscay
Hi Marcus,

Unfortunately, the Moody Archive gives sail areas for the Moody 30, rather than the usual rig dimensions (I,J,P,E) so it's not easy to work out sail dimensions. However, I would expect any decent sailmaker to have easy access to the dimensions of a full size spinnaker for a production yacht so just ask your friendly local sailmaker.

Minstrel seems to have wandered a little from her home port.

Peter

Marcus Browne

Marcus Browne
Boat name
MINSTREL
Berth
Portland
Boat type
Moody 30
Cruising area
Channel Coast
Thanks for that. Given it was standard issue at the time, I'm a little surprised it was wasn't included in the base data, but there we go. I have purchased a spinnaker at a jumble, but just wondered what is 'should ' look like!
Yes, had her shipped to Portland Marina last year. The previous owner had fallen ill and She had not been in the water for a several years. Nice to keep these lovely Boats going.

David Rymer

David Rymer
Boat name
CARIAD
Berth
Mylor
Boat type
Moody 346
Cruising area
South West
Hi Marcus,
Is it a spinnaker or cruising chute you require? I'm afraid I have neither to part with, but when we had an M30 the cruising chute was I felt rather generous, so when we changed to a M346 I kept the chute and it's a good fit. However if you hoist the chute close to the top of the mast the tack should be close to the bow roller. I lead the tack line back to the cockpit as its the best way to dump the sail if things start to go wrong and by adjusting the tack line you can control where the sail flys.
Regards
David