• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Moody 31 MkII Moody 31 mk11 Bilge Keel £24500

Sean Tyson

Sean Tyson
Boat name
POLIBRE
Berth
Barrow In Furness
Boat type
Moody 31 MkII
Cruising area
Irish Sea
Polibre my cherished boat is for sale due to larger boat on its way.

When I bought her approx 9 years ago I looked at a lot of 31mk11's and she was the standout favourite with her overall condition being excellent, her interior teak woodwork was by far the best I could find and is lovely and light and in good condition.

Through my ownership and as an ex Chief Engineer I have done my best to keep her that way.

She is out of the water laid up ashore on her yard trailer for at least 6 months of the year and in season she is moored in Barrow in Furness in Cumbria and cruises the local area, she has just come back from a great trip to the Isle of Man and is in the water ready to go on her next adventure, needing nothing done to sail her away anywhere.

She was the 1987 London boat show model so she comes with a few extras over normal like extra opening hatch in the saloon and teak grating to the cockpit.

She has lots of extras and I will try to list all of them, but basically she wants for nothing to enable her to go off on her next adventure.

The maintenance is all done by me during her long winter lay ups and the engine was serviced before relaunch this year.

Her previous owner was very fastidious with her up keep and has kept every bit of paperwork to do with her and I have endeavoured to do the same, I have every manual and receipt you could ever wish for

Extras-

Upgraded Lewmar 40 winches

Cruising chute with snuffer excellent condition hardly used.

Full cockpit canopy excellent condition hardly used.

Winches upgraded to Lewmar 40's

Battery upgraded to a 2 house battery and 1 engine battery set up with smart charger system.

Erberspacher heating.

Sails Main and fore sail are from Hyde and are a very nice spec, and set beautifully with only light use.

Goacher stack pack with lazy lines

Sprayhood

GPS/Log/ Depth electronics.

Radar

Radar reflector

Volvo dripless seal replaced 2 years ago

ST30 auto helm with weather cover.

TV /DVD player.

Lee cloth to port berth.

Fuel tank just been given a full clean internally.

Port and Starboard chain stays inspected and all resealed.

P1000477.JPG
P1000486.JPG
P1000482.JPG
P1000490.JPG
P1000500.JPG
P1000481.JPG
P1000485.JPG
P1000492.JPG

I am looking £24500 and am open to sensible offers, you are welcome to view anytime she is just a short dinghy ride to her mooring, just drop me an email rexters@btinternet.com or call 07972116828.

Last edited: