1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Moody 31 Vetus Lights

Discussion in 'General For Sale / Wanted' started by Mike Turpin, 7/1/17.

1. Mike Turpin

Mike Turpin Mike Turpin

Boat name:
    AQUAHOLIC
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkII
    Cruising area:
    South Coast
    Just changed all the lights on my Moody 31 so have all the originals available.
    Scruffy condition but could probably be cleaned up or used for spares.

Attached Files:

2. Dick Holness

Dick Holness Dick Holness

Boat name:
    CANTATA
    Boat type:
    Moody 36(90s)
    Cruising area:
    East Coast France Belgium Holland
    Contact details please Mike as per the contents of the big green box at the head of this page. Thanks.

3. Bill Hodgkinson

Bill Hodgkinson Bill Hodgkinson

Boat name:
    ISOSCELES
    Boat type:
    Moody 37
    Cruising area:
    South Coast / Solent
    Hi Mike,

How much are you looking for? And would you be willing to split the lot?

Bill

4. Mike Turpin

Mike Turpin Mike Turpin

Boat name:
    AQUAHOLIC
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkII
    Cruising area:
    South Coast
    Apologies Dick, posted on mobile and missed the green box.

Bill,
    Happy to split, have sent you a message with more details.

5. Peter Wright

Peter Wright Peter Wright

Boat name:
    WILD THYME
    Boat type:
    Moody 425
    Cruising area:
    North Sea, English Channel, Biscay
    Hi Bill,

How many of them are there and what price please, I'd be interested in a couple of each type, and, if the price fits, as many as poss of the brass plated rings for the larger ones, if the plating is in good shape.

Peter.

p.s. what diameter are the big round ones, I understand Vetus made at least 2 different sizes? P.

6. Mike Turpin

Mike Turpin Mike Turpin

Boat name:
    AQUAHOLIC
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkII
    Cruising area:
    South Coast
    Peter,
    As per the image and description above the brass on both types of lights is in poor condition with corrosion (hence my replacement).
    Think Bill is going to take the 3 ceiling lights so i have 2 of the bunk spot lights left.
    Depending on how successful my trip to the boat show is on Friday i might have 1 more spare round ceiling light.
    Given the condition i think £5 each is fair.

7. David Longhurst

David Longhurst David Longhurst

Boat name:
    STOLEN MOMENTS
    Boat type:
    Moody 346
    Cruising area:
    Solent
    All

Just to note that these lights do clean up well. The blotched appearance is because the original lacquer ( which was put on to keep a nice shiny brass appearance) has failed. I found on my own lights which are the same type that a vigorous scrub to remove the old lacquer (or a rub over with very fine Emory) brought them up 'as good as new' . Of course with no lacquer you need to clean them more frequently (I do mine annually), Personally I think polished brass look a lot better than lacquered brass. The switches come from Maplins or RS components.

Regards

David

8. Peter Wright

Peter Wright Peter Wright

Boat name:
    WILD THYME
    Boat type:
    Moody 425
    Cruising area:
    North Sea, English Channel, Biscay
    Hi Mike,

In that case, I' d be happy to take the two bunk lights and the one round ceiling light, if it becomes available. Happy with your price and will have to follow David's advice to get them all looking good.

I'm out of the country until 20 Jan. (it is skiing season) so, if you're happy, I'll sort out payment and delivery with you then.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Peter.

9. Mike Turpin

Mike Turpin Mike Turpin

Boat name:
    AQUAHOLIC
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkII
    Cruising area:
    South Coast
    Good tips David, did think they could be cleaned up by someone hence my posting them here rather than binning them.

Peter, will drop you a message with my details. No problem holding, enjoy your skiing!

Mike