Moody 336 Moody 336 questions

Jim Boyd

Jim Boyd
Temporary Member
I am considering a 1990 336. Could anyone help with the following :

Any thoughts on issues with single handed sailing? Boat has in mast main furling and roller Genoa. But I wonder about the position of the main sheet and Genoa sheet winches.

Re the rotary battery switch, is it 'make before break" on every transition? Except thru "off" of course

Any other considerations ?

Thanks

Jim

Neil Eccles

Neil Eccles
General Committee
GC Support Team
MOA Position
Website Editor
Boat name
CUTAWAY
Berth
Vannes
Boat type
Moody 42
Cruising area
West Coast of France and North Coast Of Spain
Hi Jim,

We had a 336 which had a fully battened main. I think your in mast main furler must have been a retro fit or a special order. We have one on our current boat and it works like a dream, but has to be pulled out from the forward end of the cockpit. Our 336 also had its main sheet controls there too, but genoa could be controlled from behind the wheel easily.

You develop techniques to handle this, the best help is an autopilot!

The battery switch on ours was make before break in order that it did not blow the alternator.

We loved our boat, she was a joy to sail.

Hope this helps

Kindest

Neil

Jim Boyd

Jim Boyd
Temporary Member
Hi Jim,

We had a 336 which had a fully battened main. I think your in mast main furler must have been a retro fit or a special order. We have one on our current boat and it works like a dream, but has to be pulled out from the forward end of the cockpit. Our 336 also had its main sheet controls there too, but genoa could be controlled from behind the wheel easily.

You develop techniques to handle this, the best help is an autopilot!

The battery switch on ours was make before break in order that it did not blow the alternator.

We loved our boat, she was a joy to sail.

Hope this helps

Kindest

Neil
Thanks Neil very helpful.