Wanted Moody 336

• Thread starter David Hemsley
  • Start date
D

David Hemsley

We want to upgrade our Moody S31 to a Moody 336. Ideally of a late vintage, with slab reefing, fin keel. Fractional rig would be perfect!

We would prefer to sell our boat first (or exchange), but could be a cash buyer if you’ve let your heart rule your head and have become the unfortunate owner of two boats!

Thanks
David and Pam Hemsley.

Rob Ramsay

Rob Ramsey
Boat name
CRANNOG
Berth
Kemps Quay
Boat type
Moody 34
Cruising area
Solent
I have a 34 for sale. Close enough??

James Macbeth

James Macbeth
Boat name
JOUSTER
Berth
Yarmouth
Boat type
Moody 336
Cruising area
Solent
Hello Dave and Pam,
We are considering selling our much loved M336 Mk1 1989 fin keel with slab reefing (3 reefs). Masthead rig. Appreciate this may be older than you are looking for but imho the Mk1 has a much nicer interior and appears to have been made to a bigger budget than the Mk2.
I came to this section of the forum to get an idea of values so have no "price" yet but anticipate similar to others on the market.
The thing which sets ours apart from other M336s is the permateak deck which looks good and is incredibly easy to maintain.
Picture is the best I have on my phone but can send more if you are interested. (Obviously it's the boat on the left!)

20180717_191419.jpg

Not advertised anywhere yet and not in a hurry.
Based Solent.
Let me know if you want more details.
James

James Macbeth

James Macbeth
Boat name
JOUSTER
Berth
Yarmouth
Boat type
Moody 336
Cruising area
Solent
I forgot to say, it is Coppercoated which again imho is a massive bonus!
James

D

David Hemsley

Hi James,
Our friends have told us we should consider the Mk1 for similar reasons, especially considering that one of our requirements is more storage space for extended coastal cruising. I’ve tried the compare the interiors from website pictures, but I’m none the wiser! This aspect would be interesting if you had some photos you could share.

It’s only fair to say that although we’ve made the decision to sell Empty Sky, we’re not in a position to buy another boat just yet (we only have the one mooring on the Hamble!).

Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.

James Macbeth

James Macbeth
Boat name
JOUSTER
Berth
Yarmouth
Boat type
Moody 336
Cruising area
Solent
Hello David,
Yes, happy to share photos and the differences we are aware of. We are on board at the moment so don't have access to photo archive but will message again when we are back home after the weekend.
Best wishes,
James

Nial O'Neill

Nial O'Neill
Boat name
SILVER MIST
Berth
Ballycastle
Boat type
Moody 336
Cruising area
Ireland
We want to upgrade our Moody S31 to a Moody 336. Ideally of a late vintage, with slab reefing, fin keel. Fractional rig would be perfect!

We would prefer to sell our boat first (or exchange), but could be a cash buyer if you’ve let your heart rule your head and have become the unfortunate owner of two boats!

Thanks
David and Pam Hemsley.
Hi David
We have a very clean 1990 336 which we were planning to put on the market in September
She is on the hard in Coleraine, Northern Ireland
in very good condition epoxy coated with a new Volvo Penta engine fitted in 2016
We would be open to offers at this stage

Let me know if you would like a full spec

Regards
Nial

David A Lewis

David Lewis
Boat name
MOODY PRIMROSE
Berth
Shotley
Boat type
Moody 336
Cruising area
S. North Sea
We also have a Moody 336 MK1 fin keel, is now available. She has had many upgrades over the last 19 years in our ownership. Please see the attachments. the 'combined photo, is a copy of the original moody advert, and the Pic of her sailing is before the new mainsail. She is lying at Shotley Marina near Ipswich Suffolk.
Regards David

Attachments

Last edited:

James Macbeth

James Macbeth
Boat name
JOUSTER
Berth
Yarmouth
Boat type
Moody 336
Cruising area
Solent
Hello Dave and Pam,
Sorry not to reply earlier.
Regarding differences between Mk1 and Mk2, you may find this thread helpful.
As far as I have been able to determine, the "headline" differences are that the Mk2 has (1) different saloon windows, (2) less cabinetry, (3) a different engine (MD2030 as opposed to VP2003) and (4) different companionway steps.
Point 1 is an improvement as it means that the saloon / heads bulkhead does not fall mid-way along a window. The aft-most "long" saloon window on the Mk1 is replaced on the Mk2 by two slightly shorter ones.
Point 2 is, IMHO, a good reason to go for the Mk1.
Point 3 depends on your mechanical preferences.
Point 4 is personal preference. The steps on a Mk1 (which can be completely removed very easily for excellent engine access) look more substantial than those on a Mk2.
There are some great pictures of Sky Song here, a gorgeous looking Mk2, where you can get an idea of the slightly more "economic" cabinetry.
I hope this helps.
Best wishes,
James

Steve Meakin

Steve Meakin
Boat name
MARCH HARE
Berth
Blyth Northumberland
Boat type
Moody 31 MkI
Cruising area
North East Coast
We also have a Moody 336 MK1 fin keel, which due to my age/health, is now available. She has had many upgrades over the last 19 years in our ownership. Please see the attachments. the 'combined photo, is a copy of the original moody advert, and the Pic of her sailing is before the new mainsail. She is lying at Shotley Marina near Ipswich Suffolk.
Regards David
Good morning David

I am currently sailing a M31 and considering moving to a M336 I am based in Northumberland so east coast interests me.

Could you please advise some details and price please?

Many thanks steve

Nick Payne

Nick Payne
Boat name
CROOKED DOUGAL
Berth
Ocean Village
Boat type
Moody 336
Cruising area
Solent Channel West Country

Thanks
David and Pam Hemsley.
I have a 336 in ocean village at 33k

Paul Baker

Paul Baker
Boat name
MAGIC MIST
Berth
Haslar Marina, Gosport
Boat type
Moody 336
Cruising area
South Coast

Thanks
David and Pam Hemsley.
Hi,
We have a 336 that we may put on the market shortly.. It is a fin keel, slab reefing with all lines run back to the cockpit. We have also added a plotter on the helm linked to all of the instruments and an AIS transponder.
We keep the boat in Haslar Marine, Gosport. It is in really good condition.
Other extras include a carbon fibre spinnaker pole, an extra gas bottle in the professionally modified gas locker, updated instruments, new rigging 4 years ago and loads more.
Let me know if you could be interested.
Paul Baker
Paul@geminibusiness.co.uk