Moody 346 Moody 346 from USA

• Thread starter Philip Raby
  • Start date
P

Philip Raby

Hi all

I'm considering buying a Moody 346 and have come across one for sale in the UK which was imported from the USA. Can anyone please tell me where this would have been built and if it differs in any way from the UK-market 346?

Many thanks.

Phil

Hi Phil,

As far as I am aware, Moodys sold new in the USA were built at Marine Projects in Plymouth UK just like the UK market ones.

One thing that may well be different is the shorepower system: if one was fitted new, it is likely to be 110V 60Hz AC rather than the European 230V 50Hz AC standard, but that may well have been fitted as an after market mod and changed again when she returned to Europe.

Your best way forward is to get all the info you can from the current owner.

Peter.

Hi Peter

Thank you for your reply.

The boat is being sold through a broker a long way from me and, at the moment, I can't travel to see it. However, I have seen a survey and the electrics have been updated with a 240-volt system.

If it was built by Marine Projects, I guess it's reasonable to assume it's the same as UK boats.

Kind regards

Phil

Hi Phil,

If the broker is any good, that should be no barrier to you putting reasonable questions to the vendor just e-mail them to the broker and he should pass them to the vendor to get a reply for you. If the broker can't be bothered, I would walk away and tell him why.

Peter.

Hi Peter

Harsh but true! I shall ask him a few questions. When I asked him for a copy of the survey, he put it in the post as he couldn’t scan it. Not sure if that suggests helpfulness or inefficiency!

Kind regards

Phil

Back