1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Moody 36 (1990's) New Fitted Carpet

Discussion in 'General For Sale / Wanted' started by Andy Taylor, 26/12/16.

1. Andy Taylor

Andy Taylor Andy Taylor

Boat name:
    BRANDY OF TROON
    Boat type:
    Moody 36(90s)
    Cruising area:
    West Coast Scotland
    I have a full set of straw coloured sisal type fitted carpet available for sale. It is a gel backed sisal type fully whipped around the edges in a straw/natural colour. I had two made at the same time and after a season with one fitted I'm certain I won't be using the unused one in the future! My reason is that whilst it does the job in protecting the teak sole and soaking up water from dripping oilies you will have to be fastidious in not permitting mucky deckies to pass the companionway. ... you have been warning. Maybe I was daft thinking that a light coloured carpet would work on a sea school boat. The carpet comes in several sections, stays flat, and doesn't move about. I paid around £350 for the pair from memory plus a charge for the whipped edges. It has to leave my loft this winter according to my senior officer so I'd be delighted to recover £75 to spend on other 'pointless boat thing' as the same senior officer calls them! I live in Sheffield and sail out of Scotland but often south coast doing deliveries and carriage would be more than the price so a personal meet essential I think Andy 07581698077 or andy@sailing-breaks.co.uk. Wishing all at MOA a great season ahead

2. Dick Holness

Dick Holness Dick Holness

Boat name:
    CANTATA
    Boat type:
    Moody 36(90s)
    Cruising area:
    East Coast France Belgium Holland
    As per phone call, Andy, first dibs please.