• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Moody 376 0r Moody 38.

• Thread starter Walter Navarrini
  • Start date
W

Walter Navarrini

Dear owners of Moody sailboats.

I would like to buy a Moody 376 or 38, but I have some perplexities, I am sure you could help me.

How are marine qualities, robustness, speed, and livability differences between Moody 38 and Moody 376?

Between the two which is the safest and most nautical boat?

Thanks for your attention and cooperation.

Regards

David Ellis

David Ellis
Boat name
POSSIBLY
Berth
Parkstone YC
Boat type
Moody 35
Cruising area
South Coast
We only have a M35, but have friends who have both. The 38 is much newer than the 376, but the big downside on the 38 is that Moody did away with the twin heads, which I think was retrograde step. Others will doubtless come forward with more detailed comments.

David

Mike Womersley

Mike Womersley
Boat name
MISS LUCIE
Berth
Poole
Boat type
Bavaria 32
Cruising area
Poole & Solent
We only have a M35, but have friends who have both. The 38 is much newer than the 376, but the big downside on the 38 is that Moody did away with the twin heads, which I think was retrograde step. Others will doubtless come forward with more detailed comments.

David
The Mk1 M38 1996 -2000 did have two heads, main difference was the walk through shower/heads to the rear cabin.
Disadvantage was the reduction in cockpit locker space compared to the 376. In 2000 the mk2 did not have the forward heads which as David said was a retrograde step.

W

Walter Navarrini

David
David, thanks for the prompt reply, for what I understand Moody 38 does not have "the two beds in saloon", certainly a loss of modularity. I am Italian, so the sailing terms do not coincide with the English ones. I hope I have understood your point correctly.
Considering this time of year, it is my pleasure to make my best wishes for Christmas and Happy New Year to all members of this website of Moodys Owners.

Walter

W

Walter Navarrini

The Mk1 M38 1996 -2000 did have two heads, main difference was the walk through shower/heads to the rear cabin.
Disadvantage was the reduction in cockpit locker space compared to the 376. In 2000 the mk2 did not have the forward heads which as David said was a retrograde step.
This is clear, thanks for the interesting point.
Walter