• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Wanted Moody 38 Mk2

Mike Neave

Mike Neave
General Committee
Solent Branch Committee
Boat name
GANNET
Berth
Wicor Marine (Portsmouth)
Boat type
Moody 35
Cruising area
Solent & South Coast
Hi All,
I am looking for a Moody 38 MK2 from 2000 on preferably with white hull not blue. If anyone is thinking of selling such a boat, please let me know.
07818 034 689
or mikeneave (at) mneave.co.uk

Or PM me

Tim Corfield

Tim Corfield
Boat name
GALATEA
Berth
Berthon, Lymington
Boat type
Moody 422
Cruising area
SW and Brittany
Mike

We have a share in a 422 for sale. She is based in Lymington. Older than your ideal but we keep her in great condition, and she is white! Could you be tempted? I feel it makes great sense to share as it brings the costs of ownership right down, and in all my years in the syndicate there has never been a day when I have wanted to sail, and could not!

Mike Neave

Mike Neave
General Committee
Solent Branch Committee
Boat name
GANNET
Berth
Wicor Marine (Portsmouth)
Boat type
Moody 35
Cruising area
Solent & South Coast
Tim
Sorry, we have already looked at a 42 and decided it's just that bit big for what we want as its only the two of us normally, the plan is also to go away for extended periods as well (6 months at a time so a share is unlikely to work)

we are not in a rush as this is the start of a 5 year plan and at the Moment there are no MK2's on the Market but we can afford to wait

Rgds Mike

Tim Corfield

Tim Corfield
Boat name
GALATEA
Berth
Berthon, Lymington
Boat type
Moody 422
Cruising area
SW and Brittany
Mike...understood..5 years ago my 5 year plan was to buy out my partners and sail away, but sadly not made enough ££ yet! FYI my wife and I sail our 422 on our own all the time now the kids are grown. There is a lot to be said for an extra few feet particularly if you are cruising long term and the double bunk on a 42 is wonderful....with practice berthing is not usually too difficlut.

Best wishes Tim