1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted Moody 38 Mk2

Discussion in 'Boats For Sale / Wanted' started by Mike Neave, 29/6/17.

1. Mike Neave

Mike Neave Mike Neave Solent Branch Committee General Committee

Boat name:
    GANNET
    Berth:
    Wicor Marine (Portsmouth)
    Boat type:
    Moody 35
    Cruising area:
    Solent & South Coast
    Hi All,
    I am looking for a Moody 38 MK2 from 2000 on preferably with white hull not blue. If anyone is thinking of selling such a boat, please let me know.
    07818 034 689
    or mikeneave (at) mneave.co.uk

Or PM me

2. Tim Corfield

Tim Corfield Tim Corfield

Boat name:
    GALATEA
    Berth:
    Berthon, Lymington
    Boat type:
    Moody 422
    Cruising area:
    SW and Brittany
    Mike

We have a share in a 422 for sale. She is based in Lymington. Older than your ideal but we keep her in great condition, and she is white! Could you be tempted? I feel it makes great sense to share as it brings the costs of ownership right down, and in all my years in the syndicate there has never been a day when I have wanted to sail, and could not!

3. Mike Neave

Mike Neave Mike Neave Solent Branch Committee General Committee

Boat name:
    GANNET
    Berth:
    Wicor Marine (Portsmouth)
    Boat type:
    Moody 35
    Cruising area:
    Solent & South Coast
    Tim
    Sorry, we have already looked at a 42 and decided it's just that bit big for what we want as its only the two of us normally, the plan is also to go away for extended periods as well (6 months at a time so a share is unlikely to work)

we are not in a rush as this is the start of a 5 year plan and at the Moment there are no MK2's on the Market but we can afford to wait

Rgds Mike

4. Tim Corfield

Tim Corfield Tim Corfield

Boat name:
    GALATEA
    Berth:
    Berthon, Lymington
    Boat type:
    Moody 422
    Cruising area:
    SW and Brittany
    Mike...understood..5 years ago my 5 year plan was to buy out my partners and sail away, but sadly not made enough ££ yet! FYI my wife and I sail our 422 on our own all the time now the kids are grown. There is a lot to be said for an extra few feet particularly if you are cruising long term and the double bunk on a 42 is wonderful....with practice berthing is not usually too difficlut.

Best wishes Tim