1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Moody 40/42 (late 90s early 00s) Moody 40 For Sale

Discussion in 'Boats For Sale / Wanted' started by Ian Gay, 8/7/16.

1. Ian Gay

Ian Gay Ian Gay

Boat name:
    WANDERLUST
    Boat type:
    Moody 40
    Cruising area:
    Bristol Channel
    'Wanderlust' is a 1997 Moody 40 in excellent condition with many recent upgrades.

Since I have owned this boat I have added a Bow Thruster, added Heating and updated all the electronics (Plotters, Radios, Autopilot, GPS etc).

I've also added new standing rigging and new solid teak in the cockpit - it now has solid teak throughout the decks.

Wanderlust is 'turnkey' and ready to go. I have added lots to this boat from TVs, Radar, Bilge Pump, LEDs, Racor filter, Masthead Light, Reflector, TV Aerial on mast, New Garmin 10" Plotter on new stainless framework in cockpit

Excellent condition throughout. Satin Teak interior, In-mast furling, Nice clean white hull (think twice before you buy a blue hull!)

'Wanderlust' has a Yanmar shaft drive. Exact hours are unknown but known to be very low. The log shows 4400 nm travelled since new. Tappets recently adjusted as part of latest service.

I am the second owner and gave Wanderlust a complete update in 2012.

'Wanderlust' is currently on Yachtworld (ref 68071-2938330). There are photos and a video on the website.

Contact me (Ian) on my mobile = 07464 619467, or by email = random1234@sky.com or Contact the broker BJ Marine at Cardiff.

DSC00182.jpg

Last edited: 15/8/16
  2. Ian Gay

Ian Gay Ian Gay

Boat name:
    WANDERLUST
    Boat type:
    Moody 40
    Cruising area:
    Bristol Channel
    Hi,

There is an update on the listing...

Wanderlust is now being listed on Yachtworld through Nordhavn Europe Ltd and is now lying at Portishead Quays Marina (near M4/M5 North Somerset).

The price has also been reduced making Wanderlust the cheapest (and best) Moody 40 available on the market!

The reference on Yachtworld.co.uk is 74428-3008513 or by following this link:
    http://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/1997/Moody-40-3008513/United-Kingdom

All viewings will be carried out by myself and I can be contacted on 07464 619467 or by email random1234@sky.com or via Nordhavn 02380 456342.

3. Ian Gay

Ian Gay Ian Gay

Boat name:
    WANDERLUST
    Boat type:
    Moody 40
    Cruising area:
    Bristol Channel
    Wanderlust is still on the market.

The engine has recently been serviced. Wanderlust is afloat and currently winterised.

Our Nordhavn is arriving soon and so we are open to 'sensible' offers. If you make the effort to view you will not be disappointed in her condition. Our contact details are as above.

4. Ian Gay

Ian Gay Ian Gay

Boat name:
    WANDERLUST
    Boat type:
    Moody 40
    Cruising area:
    Bristol Channel
    PRICE REDUCTION TO £80k

Our next boat has now arrived.

With the arrival of this boat we have found ourselves with more boats than we need. Therefore we have decided that one of them really ought to be sold!

With this in mind we have taken the decision to reduce the asking price of Wanderlust to £80,000

This price reduction means that Wanderlust is by far the best value Moody 40 on the market. It was already the cheapest but can now be a real bargain for the next owner. Please note that the asking price is firm, subject to the normal survey procedure obviously.

If you have been pondering over whether to go for a Moody 40 then this price adjustment should make the decision easier. Please get in contact with myself or Nordhavn Europe if you want further information on Wanderlust. You will not be disappointed with the condition or specification.

IMG_6670.jpg

Last edited: 23/2/17