1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Moody 40

Discussion in 'Boats For Sale / Wanted' started by Graham Swetman, 10/8/17.

1. Graham Swetman

Graham Swetman Graham Swetman

Boat name:
    FIRST FLIGHT
    Berth:
    Beaulieu River
    Boat type:
    Moody 40
    Cruising area:
    S England & N France
    1999 Moody 40 – First Flight

A spacious centre-cockpit Moody 40 , with superb accommodation for a crew of six, including an excellent owner’s stateroom, and two heads/showers. She has been cruised extensively along the north and west French coast, and is fully-equipped for cruising in European waters. Shoal draft version – fin with bulb, drawing 1.85 metres. Lying at Lymington Yachthaven.

Rigging and Sails

In mast furling headsail, furling foresail, cruising chute.

Machinery and Electrics

Volvo MD22L 50 hp diesel, regularly serviced by the owner and professionally. Saildrive to Kiwi feathering propeller. Bow thruster, electric windlass, electric and manual bilge pumps. Three domestic batteries, engine start battery, separate gel battery for bow thruster. 230v shore power system to sockets, battery charger, immersion heater. Solar panel. Sterling battery management system. Battery monitor. Sony stereo system. Eberspacher heater.

Galley

Oven, separate fridge and cool box. Two sinks, pressured hot and cold water. Ample storage.

Navigation

Raymarine C90 chart plotter and radar. AIS, I-com VHF, Navtex, EPIRB. Depth, speed and wind instruments. Clipper cockpit repeater. ST 6000 autopilot

General

Plough and Danforth anchors. Warps and fenders. Cockpit cover. Six-person Plastimo Cruiser ORC life raft, Zodiac Fastroller 280 five-person tender. Mercury 3.3hp outboard motor. 5 fire extinguishers, 2 horseshoe lifebuoys

2. Peter Sander

Peter Sander Peter Sander

Boat name:
    EPONA
    Berth:
    Brightlingsea
    Boat type:
    Moody 376
    Cruising area:
    East Coast
  3. Peter Sander

Peter Sander Peter Sander

Boat name:
    EPONA
    Berth:
    Brightlingsea
    Boat type:
    Moody 376
    Cruising area:
    East Coast
    Hi Graham

My wife and I are coming down to the south coast over the weekend of 27-28th October, would we be able to view First Flight during our trip, ideally it would be on the Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
    My contact details are 07990 578021 or petersander59@btinternet.com
    Many thanks
    Pete

4. Rosemary Hawkes

Rosemary Hawkes Rosemary Hawkes Temporary Member

5. Rosemary Hawkes

Rosemary Hawkes Rosemary Hawkes Temporary Member

Hello Graham,
    I'd be interested in finding out more about First Flight if she is still for sale. Rosie Hawkes on 07976750178 or Rosie.hawkes@gmail.com

6. Neil Eccles

Neil Eccles Neil Eccles General Committee

MOA Position:
    Website Editor
    Boat name:
    CUTAWAY
    Berth:
    Vannes
    Boat type:
    Moody 42
    Cruising area:
    West Coast of France and North Coast Of Spain
    Hi everyone replying to the advert - the idea is that you respond directly to the advertiser who has put his/her contacts on the site. Actually posting here might not receive an instant response :)