1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moody 422/425 Owners

Discussion in 'Thinking of buying a Moody ask a question here' started by Olly Hombersley, 11/9/17.

1. Olly Hombersley

Olly Hombersley Olly Hombersley Temporary Member

Hi all
    I'd like to buy a moody 422/425 owner a pint/lunch. To continue the adage that there is no such thing as a free lunch, in exchange for this I would like to spend a short while looking over the boat.

By way of explanation I'm considering one as my next floating home and would like a chance to look over one before I decide.

Would anyone out there between weymouth and southampton be interested?

Many thanks.

2. Barry Cundy

Barry Cundy Barry Cundy

Boat name:
    SUMMER WINE
    Berth:
    Portsmouth
    Boat type:
    Moody 425
    Cruising area:
    Solent
    Hi Ollie,
    We own Summer Wine a 425 and keep her at the top of Portsmouth water in Wicor Marine Yacht Haven, slightly further than your requested area of Weymouth - Southampton, but you are more than welcome to come and have a look if you want?
    Best Regards Barry

Send me a personal message to cundybarry@gmail.com if of interest.

3. Thomas Hay

Thomas Hay Thomas Hay Temporary Member

Olly I have been considering the same offer. I'd offer a bottle of good Kentucky Bourbon (I live in Louisville) for a walk about and visit on a 425 on the US East Coast. Wife and I have fallen in love with the boat in theory without yet stepping on board one. Still a year from purchase and don't want to waste a broker's time showing us a boat before we can be serious.
    Any takers?

4. Michael Barrett

Michael Barrett Michael Barrett

Boat name:
    WHITE STAR
    Berth:
    Fishing Bay Harbor Marina
    Boat type:
    Moody 46
    Cruising area:
    Chesapeake Bay, Usa
    Thomas,

I'm not too familiar with 42's on the East Coast. Matt Salatino has one but he usually leaves his in the Caribbean and flies up to the Annapolis Boat Show next month. He works the show and would be happy to talk, I'm sure. I have a 2000 M46 I keep in Deltaville, VA. I think it is an awesome boat, but then I own it so I'm biased. You certainly are welcome to look her over. Yes, a different boat but it will give you an idea of the construction quality and solidity which Moodys are known for if you have not been on one.

Michael Barrett

5. Larry Nolly

Larry Nolly Larry Nolly

Boat name:
    HOODLESS
    Berth:
    Georgetown, MD, USA
    Boat type:
    Moody 425
    Cruising area:
    Usa East Coast and Caribbean
    Thomas,
    We plan on being in Annapolis during the sailboat show. If you're going to be there get in touch and we'll try to work out a "showing". Probably leaving the upper Chesapeake Tuesday or Wednesday before the show. After the show, I have no definite idea where we'll be! Barbara would probably love a bottle! She's actually in Lexington right now!
    Larry

6. Thomas Hay

Larry and Michael, I do appreciate the responses. Alas we will be in Virginia during the boat show (Winchester mostly) but not available for a trip over to Annapolis. Where might you be the first week in December? Is the boat moored near Georgetown?

7. Larry Nolly

Larry Nolly Larry Nolly

Boat name:
    HOODLESS
    Berth:
    Georgetown, MD, USA
    Boat type:
    Moody 425
    Cruising area:
    Thomas, our boat is moored in Georgetown, but only for another week. We will start to head south around the time of the show. Our plan is to be in St Augustine in the first week of December.
    Larry

8. Thomas Hay

Thanks Larry. So here's the story and you can decide if working something out is worth a bottle of bourbon. My wife and I are 1 year out of buying, and extremely interested in the 425 for several reasons without ever actually being on one. We are tracking the few for sale in the US like "Shamal" that just sold in Charleston, but don't want to be the kind of people who take up a broker or owner's time with a look when we aren't ready to put down the cash just yet.

So Olly's note (above) about a visit to an existing owner sounded like a plan. First weekend in December Dawn and I have been speculating on taking an anniversary trip with the hopes of seeing a boat. Beautiful St. Augustine might work just fine for us (hey, I grew up early life in Jacksonville) if you would welcome a few hours to talk/walk on the boat we might figure out something.

Let me know what you are thinking. We can exchange contact information if you want this off line.

Tom

9. Larry Nolly

Larry Nolly Larry Nolly

Boat name:
    HOODLESS
    Berth:
    Georgetown, MD, USA
    Boat type:
    Moody 425
    Cruising area:
    You can get in touch with me around early to mid November to see if we ended up going there. If we do we will stay there until shortly before Christmas. Email me : larrynolly at gmail

Larry

Thomas Hay likes this.