• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Moody 47 Moody 47 For sale

David Watkins

David Watkins
Boat name
STRIDING EDGE
Berth
Brixham
Boat type
Moody 47
Cruising area
Sw Uk N France
With regret and I must say with some reluctance I am putting Striding Edge on the market for sale.
I have owned her from new and has covered many safe and comfortable miles with often just my wife and me on board. I would like to think that she is one of the best condition and equipped boats of her type around.When our children were younger, she was the centre of many happy holidays
I have already had a couple of people show interest but if this one may be for you please search Ancaster website or follow this link ;
David Watkins

With regret and I must say with some reluctance I am putting Striding Edge on the market for sale.
I have owned her from new and has covered many safe and comfortable miles with often just my wife and me on board. I would like to think that she is one of the best condition and equipped boats of her type around.When our children were younger, she was the centre of many happy holidays
I have already had a couple of people show interest but if this one may be for you please search Ancaster website or follow this link ;
David Watkins
Hi David! We are glad to see your boat on the market. We have been looking high and low at Moody’s and other center cockpit boats. Our broker is contacting your broker.
David Watkins
Thanks for posting, David!

Will do and thanks for the interest

Hi David!

Do you have a washing machine and/or air conditioning on your M47? We are in the process of taking ownership of our own M47 (Yes, it just transpired this week), and it does not have either.

Wondering, if so, where are your AC units and washing machine located, and is there a way to find out how to install them ourselves?

- Magan

Hi David! Do you have a washing machine and/or air conditioning on your M47? We are in the process of taking ownership of our own M47 (Yes, it just transpired this week), and it does not have either. Wondering, if so, where are your AC units and washing machine located, and is there a way to find out how to install them ourselves? - Magan
Hi David! Do you have a washing machine and/or air conditioning on your M47? We are in the process of taking ownership of our own M47 (Yes, it just transpired this week), and it does not have either. Wondering, if so, where are your AC units and washing machine located, and is there a way to find out how to install them ourselves? - Magan

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope it goes well for you
My AC only does the aft cabin and the two forward ones
There is a 12000 Bthu unit in the space behind the aft bunk headboard drawing air from vents cut under the bunk and feeding the cold air through three small vents cut into the horizontal board behind the headboard. If you still have the vented system for ordinary lead acid batteries (I have 4 x 6v AGM golf cart batteries giving 800ah at 12v so got rid of all the associated venting) then you may struggle to get the air feed to the unit. The water pump is next to the sea cock in the port side in the aft end of the saloon. The forward unit (10000bthu) is in the bottom of the wardrobe in the side cabin and it feeds both forward sleeping cabins. The pump is under the floor in the side cabin. They are both Mermaid reverse cycle units and I am very glad I had a professional install them as it will not be an easy job. If you close the whole boat down and open the cabin doors, the boat whole gets surprisingly cool running flat out at first
The washing machine should fit under the passage berth in the big locker there. Good luck with the plumbing!
there are plenty of spare ac circuit breakers for the power to AC and washing machine on the switchboard
cheers
David

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope it goes well for you
My AC only does the aft cabin and the two forward ones
There is a 12000 Bthu unit in the space behind the aft bunk headboard drawing air from vents cut under the bunk and feeding the cold air through three small vents cut into the horizontal board behind the headboard. If you still have the vented system for ordinary lead acid batteries (I have 4 x 6v AGM golf cart batteries giving 800ah at 12v so got rid of all the associated venting) then you may struggle to get the air feed to the unit. The water pump is next to the sea cock in the port side in the aft end of the saloon. The forward unit (10000bthu) is in the bottom of the wardrobe in the side cabin and it feeds both forward sleeping cabins. The pump is under the floor in the side cabin. They are both Mermaid reverse cycle units and I am very glad I had a professional install them as it will not be an easy job. If you close the whole boat down and open the cabin doors, the boat whole gets surprisingly cool running flat out at first
The washing machine should fit under the passage berth in the big locker there. Good luck with the plumbing!
there are plenty of spare ac circuit breakers for the power to AC and washing machine on the switchboard
cheers
David
David, this is exactly what we were looking for from you. Thank you so much! Did your sale go through?

Back