Moody 64 Moody 64 cockpit red light

Tsvetomir Grigorov

Tsvetomir Grigorov
Registered Guest
Hi all. Just bought a Moody 64. I have a small concern about a red warning light on the cockpit panel - the first one to the left of stop button. As there is no indication what are the 3 lights red, green, red about I actually dont know what they are indicating. So the one to the right(last one)is on when starting the engine and goes of when turns (rpm) up over 1000. This light stays on if rpms are low (lever un the middle). Any help would be apreciated. Thank you in advance.

Dick Holness

Dick Holness
Boat name
CANTATA
Berth
East Coast
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
East Coast France Belgium Holland
It sounds like the charge warning light. If it is showing, it means the alternator is not charging the battery. Normally then should be an audible warning as well.

Peter Wright

Peter Wright
Boat name
WILD THYME
Berth
Suffolk Yacht Harbour
Boat type
Moody 425
Cruising area
North Sea, English Channel, Biscay
Hi Tsvetomir,

Welcome and congratulations on your new boat. To get more help with looking after her, In would recommend you join the MOA, it's very cheap compared with th annual cost of running a yacht and most of bus find that help from the association saves us more than the subscription.

To get a better understanding of your engine control panel, do Google search for the operator's manual for whatever make/model of engine is installed. That should describe the function of the various warning lights.

Peter.

Tsvetomir Grigorov

Tsvetomir Grigorov
Registered Guest
Thank you all for your time and answers. Bueno now Google search show no results. I bought a brand new alternator but I still have this light when idle rpm. Some plp believe its up to engine speed and alternator warming up. Will see. Tnx again!