• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Eclipse 38 Moody Eclipse 38 Deck Saloon - Half Share Offered - £45000 ono

Terry Murphy

Terry Murphy
Boat name
KANDOO
Berth
Fertilia, Sardinia
Boat type
Moody Eclipse 38
Cruising area
Western Med
A change in my health and other personal circumstances has meant that I am not using this beautiful yacht as much as I'd planned. I am therefore offering a half share to allow her to be exercised as she deserves. Kandoo is a wonderful example of the Dixon magic wrt deck saloons. She was the first of class (1991) of 24 yachts. I have renewed just about everything over the past two years and have the receipts; no expense spared. All new navigation, radar and AIS equipment is planned for this season.
See assortment of photographs below, all of which were taken over the past 2 years.

Currently ashore in Fertilia, north of Alghero in Sardinia but probably moving to Cagliari in June. A truly beautiful sailing area. Sailing plan for the future to be mutually agreed.

New Items:

Liferaft
Flares
Raymarine DSC VHF + GPS
Fresh Water Pump
Diesel Fuel Gauge
Engine hours meter
Topping Lift/HF Aerial
Service Batts 5 x 105Ah Vetus
Engine Batt 1 x 55AH AGM Optima
Battery Switch 300A
Battery Monitor Victron BMV702
MOSFET Power Splitter
12V -ve bus bar
Inverter 375W Victron Pheonix
Battery Charger Xantex 60A + installation
Calorifier (30 litre)
Sail UVs
Stern Gland (Stuffing box)
Masthead Swivel for inmast furling/ Mast Refurb
Gas detector/alarm
Seago Dinghy
Autohelm ST6000 Controller replaced

Additional Repairs & Servicing:

Mercury Outboard refurbished
Generator overhauled
Hull Line replaced
All hatch acrylics replaced
Pulpit removed/resealed

Mobile: 07951 256679;
Landline: 01453 860804;
Email: chatsworth52@hotmail.com

Attachments

Bill Dawson

William Dawson
Temporary Member
Hi Terry, That sounds like something my wife and I might be interested in. We love the look of the 38cc, but when we saw the DS models were very impressed with the ability to stay out of any nasty weather. We've been keeping an eye on a couple of 43's for sale with plans to check them out this summer when we travel to Europe to sail with some friends in northern Germany. (We are from Canada and just retired-it seems like almost all Moody's are in Europe). If your boat and idea are still available at that point, maybe we can visit to have a look and make some plans. What type of arrangement were you thinking of? We'll check back with you to make sure you haven't already found a partner. If you have already found someone, please let us know. Bill Dawson, email is: dawdrill@mts.net