Moody 41 Need help ! What is the right price for 41 CC

Thomas Stauffiger

Thomas Stauffiger
Boat name
TBC
Hello All,

I want to sell my Moody 41 CC year 1984, see below add.
I had a survey done, by an expert.
He estimated the sales price at 65000€.
Because I thought this is on the high side I put in on the market for 49000 -52000 €.
Eventhough she is in excellent condition I could not sell.

What do you think is the price to high or ??

Thanks for any advise or idea.

Thomas

Robert Thomson

Robert Thomson
Temporary Member
Thomas I speak only as a person who is looking for a boat and has trawled through all the main websites for months. Noting the things that help attract my attention.
The price you have set seems ok and people can always make an offer !
Remember the season is only getting started and boaters are just realising its warm and time to buy a boat !
Things I would suggest are lots of good photos showing all aspects of the boat.Some adverts have 100+ but around 30 should be good. Make sure you have a sunny day and blinds open for interior shots so they don't appear to show a 'dark' interior.
A comprehensive description detailing all the work done and equipment aboard.
Make a feature of the "new" engine
Remember about VAT, your boat is exempt but you still need to have some paperwork to prove she was in the EU at the end of 1992, or 1995 for countries like Austria who only joined later.
If you have original VAT invoice even better and this information should be clear to purchasers.
This is especially important for UK buyers. The rest of Europe doesn't seem to care much. But a T2L form can help.
Have a look at the pdf file which accompanies the advert on this site for the Moody 47 Solent Venture.
I should say that these are my personal feelings on how to help sell your yacht. Brokers/surveyors do have information on past sales prices so it might be worth asking your surveyor if he would share that information.
My understanding is also that Med based boats tend to attract lower prices than UK based ones but others may be able to offer more guidance.
I hope my ramblings have been of some help and hopefully others who have recently sold boats may have some better info and will weigh into help.
Good luck
Robert

Thomas Stauffiger

Thomas Stauffiger
Boat name
TBC
Hello Robert

Thanks a lot for your information and ideas.
I certainly have to work on the documentation.
I thought that nowbody would ever buy it without seeing it anyway.
All the picture will not really help.
We spent in avarage only on maintanance 12k€ per year on average over the last 30 years.
there is absolutly no backlog in maintanace.

I have all the documents bill of sales etc. and the Loyds certificates.
So I will work on this.
With the price I am quite flexible, but do not want to give it away.

Thomas

Robert Thomson

Robert Thomson
Temporary Member
Thomas
Im please that you feel my comments have been of some help. The photos are the things that get people interested in coming to view.
I have discounted several boats advertised with lots of weird out of focus pictures ! ( Thankfully not Moody ones !)
Robert