1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Moody 31 MkII One Owner, Bilge Keel 1989

Discussion in 'Boats For Sale / Wanted' started by Christopher Turner, 29/12/17.

Tags:
  1. Christopher Turner

Christopher Turner Christopher Turner

Boat name:
    SANGUINE
    Berth:
    Ramsgate
    Boat type:
    Moody 336
    Cruising area:
    Channel/East Coast
    ABOUT THIS MOODY 31

I bought La Perle in 1989. It was built in 1988 and delivered to Moody's but for some reason had never been commissioned or launched before my purchase in late 1989. During my ownership I have kept it as original as possible. The teak is in pristine condition, regularly oiled and polished. The upholstery is in good, clean, condition with no marks. It has never had any GRP repairs other than for minor gelcoat scratches. It is a classy example of the Moody 31.

Equipped with Garmin 700 chart plotter with AIS display and GPS repeater on-deck, Lawrence DSC VHF with external deck speaker, a new/boxed Raymarine Autohelm TP2000 (which could be interfaced to the GPS plotter via an Actisense Seatalk to NMEA0183 converter) and a Stowe depth sounder on-deck.

It has the original Volvo 2003 28hp diesel which had a head refurbishment 3 years ago (valves/guides/seats/injectors) and is sound in all respects. It has a Deep Sea shaft seal and drives the standard 2 bladed prop. The P bracket is sound and the cutlass bearing changed 2 years ago.

The main is a loose-footed Sanders with tapered batons bought 2 years ago. The genoa is by Jeckells, approximately 5 years old and is clean enough with the slight exception of the AV strip (which is otherwise in good condition). It is fitted with Furlex roller reefing. It also comes with a cruising chute and extendable pole.

The sprayhood is new. The boom cover is a standard sort and also new-ish. The hull stripes were replaced last year using the original Moody material and there is some matching film aboard to replace those on the coachroof.

The oven is a gimballed Plastimo with two burners, a grill and oven. There is also a refrigerator which will make ice. There's an oscillating fan in the cabin, an extraction fan in the head, Ocean Air blinds fitted to the hatches, new curtains and a full set of crockery pots and pans included.

La Perle has spent winters ashore and is available to view on The Hamble having just been moved there from the River Medway.

I am asking for £28,500 or a near offer.

Pictures and more info
    www.theyachtmarket.com/boats_for_sale/1520616/?searchid=14513231&page=1