Boat name
INFINITY
Berth
North Shields
Boat type
Moody 38 (2000s)
Cruising area
North East England
I have looked at a Moody 38cc 1996 and could see that the Propellor P bracket does not hang vertically down from the hull but is canted over to starboard, effectively moving the centre of the cutlass bearing about 25mm to starboard of the hull centre line.
To explain this further, if the propshaft was drawn aft out of the P bracket it would pass to the starboard side of the rudder. I thought the P bracket was twisted over but 1 have been told this is normal, it does not look bent but just angled over. It would be most help full if someone could confirm if the P bracket should hang vertically down from the hull or be canted over to starboard. Pictures may help or not. Thanks for your help, John Robinson

Attachments

• DSC06388.JPG
    DSC06388.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 199
  • DSC06389.JPG
    DSC06389.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 216
John, yes quite normal and whilst taking the prop shaft out isn't done very often, the idea of having to take the engine out or rudder off first doesn't bear thinking about.

There is a blue hulled one in the boatyard next to me at the moment. Looks huge compared to a M31. Super yacht thought, good luck, oh and why is their a tractor magazine under the diesel heater :D

Last edited:
John, yes quite normal and whilst taking the prop shaft out isn't done very often, the idea of having to take the engine out or rudder off first doesn't bear thinking about.

There is a blue hulled one in the boatyard next to me at the moment. Looks huge compared to a M31. Super yacht thought, good luck, oh and why is their a tractor magazine under the diesel heater :D
Thanks for the support , looks like we have been down the same path!!

Back