1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question For Moody 346

Discussion in 'Thinking of buying a Moody ask a question here' started by Yijing Gao, 16/5/17.

1. Yijing Gao

Yijing Gao Yijing Gao Registered Guest

Hello Moody owners,
    Thank you for allowing me ask my questions here.
    I live in China where Moody's or other second hand yachts are hard to be found.
    I've check some websites such as yachtworld and find most Moody's are sold in Europe,but I prefer to purchase in South-East Aisa.
    I am looking at a Moody 346 or other model with the similar size and I'd like to trevel with my wife and 4 years old son around world within two years. So I think I will be solo sailing for the most part.
    I have two questions here,
    Is it possible for me to be solo sailing with this size yacht for blue water?
    Is there any common problems for 346?

Many thanks
    Taylor Gao

2. John Mortimer

John Mortimer John Mortimer

Boat name:
    WIZARD
    Berth:
    Southampton
    Boat type:
    Moody 346
    Cruising area:
    Solent
    Hi Taylor
    Is it possible for me to be solo sailing with this size yacht for blue water? - Yes, as long as you have sufficient experience and prepare the boat properly.
    Is there any common problems for 346? - Not really, but you should have an experienced surveyor inspect the boat before you buy.
    Good luck and fair winds
    John

3. Yijing Gao

Yijing Gao Yijing Gao Registered Guest

Hi John,
    Thanks a lot for your reply.