• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Wanted S336 Raymarine Analogue cable

Jon Bell

Jon Bell
Solent Branch Committee
Boat name
TIGERMOON II
Berth
Gosport
Boat type
Moody S336
Cruising area
South of England
Hi all,

I seem to have an intermittent fault on my Pathfinder Raymarine Radar. I have purchased a second hand scanner, but was wondering if anyone had an old cable kicking about? I have tried to find one on flea bay, but no success. Any help appreciated. Alternatively, if someone can tell me how to test the scanner without climbing the mast and using the current cable, I would be most grateful.

Here's hoping.

Jon

Martin Johnson

Martin Johnson
Boat name
JUBILANT
Berth
Southsea
Boat type
Moody S38
Cruising area
Solent
Hi
You've not mentioned which display you're using but these links might help...

http://forum.raymarine.com/printthread.php?tid=1510

And a second test here..

http://raymarine.ning.com/m/discussion?id=6492755:Topic:5690

As to faults... Some of these radomes are sadly getting on a bit now and I've kept a few going a few more years by replacing various degraded capacitors within the radome... If it's a rotation timing error then it might just be a faulty sensor which is also easily replaceable..

Diagnostic menu should clarify if it's the radome at fault.

Last edited:

Jon Bell

Jon Bell
Solent Branch Committee
Boat name
TIGERMOON II
Berth
Gosport
Boat type
Moody S336
Cruising area
South of England
Tks Martin, have PM'd you.
Jon

Jon Bell

Jon Bell
Solent Branch Committee
Boat name
TIGERMOON II
Berth
Gosport
Boat type
Moody S336
Cruising area
South of England
Still looking for an old analogue cable - happy to borrow if someone is kind enough to lend me one. Also happy to accept faulty cable as it is only being used for a test, so I can repair it if needs be.
Tks

Grenville Hancock

Grenville Hancock
Boat name
VENTURIA
Berth
Vannes, Morbihan
Boat type
Moody 35
Cruising area
West France
I am in the process of removing a functioning Raymarine / Autohelm greyscale SL72 radar.

At the moment, I have a the Radome with approx. 8m of cable at home and the display unit. However the reminder of the antenna cable, including the socket at the display end and the power cable/connector is still installed on the boat and won't be coming home until the beginning of April.

Jon Bell

Jon Bell
Solent Branch Committee
Boat name
TIGERMOON II
Berth
Gosport
Boat type
Moody S336
Cruising area
South of England
Tks Grenville,