Boat name
SHAMROCK
Berth
Blackwater Sailing Club
Boat type
Moody S31
Cruising area
Blackwater
Hi everyone. I am considering a Moody 31 but would like to know the length of the saloon berths as I often sail 4up. The starboard side looks shorter then the port side
Anyone got the actual measurements?
Many thanks
Steve

No measurements but experience.
The starboard side has a trotter box and is effectively the same length as the port side. I'm 6' and have slept on both of them. The cushion at the back needs to removed to give adequate width.
On the starboard side I fitted teak battens to the bulkheads so that a panel of ply can slide out from under the berth and rest on them. This allows the cushion to be moved towards the (folded down) table and the back cushion can fill in the gap. So a wide and more comfortable space.
It is possible to sleep 6 up for a short time but the storage of bags and clothes gets a bit tricky. Four up - no problem.
We did manage a week with 6 up and two folding bikes but it is not to be repeated!

Very helpful! Thank you
Steve

Have just measured mine for potential new cushions. 198cm port, 206cm stbd including trotter box.
We find V berth small for 2 adults so this is for our son, his friends or any small visitors.
Aft cabin and saloon berths are fine.

Back