ATHENA OF SALCOMBE
Berth
Fambridge Yacht Haven
Boat type
Moody 42
Cruising area
East Coast
Selden Furlex Type B Mk2.
Complete furling system in excellent condition. Has been stripped down to component level, cleaned, inspected, reassembled and lubricated. All bearing assemblies in very good condition with little or no ware. Twin groove aerodynamic foils are straight and true. This has been removed from our Moody 35 which we had for 18 years. In the spring the furling gear was taken down to service and replace forestay. After dismantling furling gear I discovered the plastic outer hub which the furling line drum clips onto had broken. Unable to source a spare part immediately I was left with no alternative but to replace whole system with new as we were selling the boat. I have since sourced an old stock replacement part and rebuilt furler. If I could have sourced spare part in the spring I would have fitted this all back on the boat as is as good as new.
Overall length from centre of eye at bottom of furler to top of foils 12.945 meters. This is made up of furling drum 270mm, bottom foil 1000mm, sail feeder 50mm, 4 x mid section foils 2400mm, top foil 2025mm. Top foil easily trimmed to length. Also included linkage assembly that fits between bottom of furler and stem head fitting, raising drum clear of deck, length 245mm between centres. Will fit 8mm Dia forestay but can be supplied with fitting for 7mm Dia forestay.
Asking £495.
Will only sell as complete system, collection only from South Essex or Central London.

DSC_0989.JPGDSC_0993.JPG

DSC_0995.JPGDSC_0985.JPGDSC_0997.JPGDSC_0998.JPGDSC_0982.JPG

Last edited: