• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Moody 37 Slab reefing

Dominic Dobson

Temporary Member
Sorry more questions the boat is set up for slab teeing at the mast but the boom doesn't have any clutches as if it is designed to have reefing lead back to the cockpit, broker says this is how early moody were designed so that you pulled in reef using reefing winch on mast and left it on drum, if this is right how do you put further reefs in without the previous one flogging out.

Thanks for your time
Dom

Bill Hodgkinson

Bill Hodgkinson
Boat name
ISOSCELES
Berth
Poole
Boat type
Moody 37
Cruising area
South Coast / Solent
Hi Dominic, there are 4 clutches in the end boom fitting on Isosceles that can lock each of the reefing lines / out haul. I always thought this was the standard fitting. Unfortunately I'm away from the boat for a couple of weeks so won't be able to get any pictures to compare.

Dominic Dobson

Temporary Member
Hi Dominic, there are 4 clutches in the end boom fitting on Isosceles that can lock each of the reefing lines / out haul. I always thought this was the standard fitting. Unfortunately I'm away from the boat for a couple of weeks so won't be able to get any pictures to compare.
Thanks Bill that's similar to what I've got on my current boat (Atalanta 26) and also on my friends Rustler 36 and what I would have expected unless reefing was lead back to clutches in the cockpit.