Wanted Solar arch wanted (off chance)

• Thread starter Matt Winters
  • Start date
M

Matt Winters

Worth an ask I suppose, Im looking for a stainless solar panel arch that could be made to fit my M33.

PM me

Ville Steudle

Ville Steudle
Temporary Member
Matt, I've been interested in the same topic. I got the hint that large RIB radar arches might come close, but those I have seen on the Ebay and the like are only about half-height and half-width in the 200-500 GBP range. I guess that beyond that, shipping becomes an issue that limits mass-market sales. One could ask an SS workshop to cut and extend, of course.

Another alternative could be low-cost DIY, have you seen
? Still a bit crude in some points, but there may be potential for evolution. As such, the single-pole mount for a panel is not uncommon (see e.g. those by NOA like https://www.mountbattenboathouse.co.uk/noa-solar-panel-mount-will-rotate-31614/).

Chris Marchant

Chris Marchant
Boat name
JOBISKA
Berth
Lowestoft
Boat type
Moody 38
Cruising area
North Sea
I still have the Aluminium one that was on my Moody 38cc if you are interested. I am only after £60 for it if it helps. This includes the stainless wire stays and bottle screws that tension it up, but not the panels.

It is not the most elegant but it does the job and is in good condition. I would like to get rid of it from my garden which is where it currently resides!
The only problem is we are in N Suffolk and it would really need to be collected as it is a bit awkward to carry other than on a roof rack.

Attachments

Pete Rowland

Peter Rowland
Boat name
APRIL LASS
Berth
Gosport
Boat type
Moody 31 MkII
Cruising area
Solent
Matt, took me 18 months to find mine on Wight Bay a small free adds site for those on the IOW. Your other options is to keep an eye on Ribnet as they come up regularly. However, at £60 I would take Chris up with his offer, even if it means cutting it down a bit.

Matt Winters

Matt Winters
Boat name
BLUEBASS
Berth
Ipswich
Boat type
Moody 33
Cruising area
East Coast
Many thanks everyone. Have made contact with Chris