• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Wanted Spinnaker pole - around 4m

Giles Ford-Crush

Giles Ford-Crush
Boat name
AQUISSE
Berth
Fambridge
Boat type
Moody 376
Cruising area
East Coast
I'm looking for a spinnaker pole for my M376. Anything over 4m long would be ideal.
Willing to travel.

Thanks

Hi Giles,

I have an ex spinnaker pole with useless end fittings somewhere in my garage - the tube itself is good. I don't have the dimensions to hand but will try and remember to measure it tomorrow. You wouldn't need to travel too far - I live in Burnham.

A spinnaker pole for your boat needs to be J long - 4.52m - but you could get away with shorter for a whisker pole, although Selden suggest that a whisker pole should be longer than J for a masthead rig.

Peter.

Hello Peter,

That is very interesting, maybe I could pop over and have a look?

I broke my previous pole last week, but the length, not including the end fittings was at 4.6m when being used to pole out the jib.

Giles

Hi Giles,

I've just hauled out the ole and it's 80mm diameter but the tube is only 3.9m long. Neither of the end fittings have their spring loaded plungers, but I may have some old ones of those somewhere - just have to remember where!

The old pole came with Wild Thyme, but we replaced it with a second hand one the right size off a Moody 41. J for WT is 5.03m and her beam is 4.07 m so the old pole only stuck 1.9 m over the side, the J length one sticks out 3m.

Hoping to meet up with you this weekend.

Peter.

I'm looking for a spinnaker pole for my M376. Anything over 4m long would be ideal.
Willing to travel.

Thanks
Giles
I have a pole c4.08m inside jaws, c85mm diameter that I could be persuaded to part with. Quite local to you.
Regards
Nigel

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0168 (1).jpg
    IMG_0168 (1).jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 15